Some changes for wurt that i think she deserves

I was thinking about how to make wurt a unique character different from the others, not only a stronger wilson,i have some suggestions for a future Qol, if anyone have a suggestion or idea for the post write it on the comments below.

Changes to Merm King trading system     

•  Depending of his hunger merm King will drop better items. when the king is hungry there will be a highest chance to receive common seeds, kelp or rot; with medium hunger more chance to receive trinkets and kelp, and if the hunger points are near the maximun there will be a high chance to receive tentacle spots.
  • Add gold to the loot when trading with merm King when his hunger is maximun or add a new rare kind of fish that only can be caught by wurt while fishing in swamp ponds, after trading this fish with merm King he will give you 5 gold.
  • Give special seeds depending of the sea fish that you give to merm King.
  • Another idea i had is that the merm King will give unique items for wurt depending of the sea fishes you trade.

Give a unique crafting for wurt called fish storage

• This item would work as the spectackler box but it will storage fishes from all kinds of ponds and make fishes suffocate slower. Is painfull to carry live fishes in your inventory because they take so much space. Any character will be able to store fishes in the fish box.
  • The recipe that i was thinking for this item is 2 cut stone, 2 tentacle spots and 4 water balloon.

Make lost Merms teleport to their houses

• I think this would be a Good change for pigs and bunnymans also.

Merm King will have 25% chance to drop his trident after dying

• This will be a unique weapon only usable by wurt that will have the same damage and durability of a tentacle spike, the trident will be able to start a rain at the cost of 10% from weapon’s durability, this is something usefull if you are a wurt player and you are far from your crops or you don't have water near you.

Let us wax the clever disguise

• After Reap what you sow we became able to wax some things, my idea is to let us wax the clever disguise, after that it will lose durability instead of spoiling and can be repaired with a sewing kit. This could be specially usefull for people that don’t want to change their character just to get the clever disguise again.

Reduce the time that merm King takes to eat

• This is a very small  change but i think it will be good for wurt players, is very boring and a waste of time to wait and see how the king eats.

Add more veggie healing and hunger recipes for the crock pot

• Actually is better for wurt to cook the veggies in a campfire. This would be a minor change, I don’t consider this change so necessary

Last but not least important more skins for wurt and his items

• The fantasmical collection had a lot of great skins, is my favorite collection until now, i hope klei make the fantasmical chest part II, we still need skins for merm guard houses, royal tapestry and the clever disguise.

keep doing the good work klei, thanks for still updating this great game.

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Was this inspired by the kitcoon system they added?

was inspired by something that ocurred in my world, not the kitcook system, i befriended some bunnymans to do the moonstorm event, after i finished the event the bunnymans never returned home, after 5 days i searched them and i had to kill them, so they can return to their houses. that's why i think that would be better if after some time the mobs will teleport to their houses if they are lost.

17 hours ago, Gods fiddler said:

Merm King will have 25% chance to drop his trident after dying

• This will be a unique weapon only usable by wurt that will have the same damage and durability of a tentacle spike, the trident will be able to start a rain at the cost of 10% from weapon’s durability, this is something usefull if you are a wurt player and you are far from your crops or you don't have water near you.

I think instead of summoning rain it should have the ability to shoot a splash of water or something, this seems like it would be really annoying otherwise since rain is already a bit painful without the eyebrella. Right now this seems a bit anti multiplayer.

I'd like to suggest my own tweaks too. Add ways for the king to be fed without needing to be at base 24/7, like giving him his own royal ice box that he eats from. Add the ability for merms to fish with you (or port fishermerms) allowing Wurt to build up more ocean fish for the kings trades + this would differentiate merms from pigs more.

Archived