SCREW IT! Let's be masochistic!

After the weekend's patch broke something that rendered my 3642 cycle savegame irrecoverable and crashing on load, I've decided to bite the bullet and restart from scratch again. Screw the so-called "Low FPS" and hundreds of hours of work and long load times (the worst inconvenience of loading a 50+MB savegame). Let's go masochistic and restart all the work again from a nice rime seed from the map database. 

I could reload from a working savefile that is ~700 cycles behind, but where is the fun in that? I'd have to put in work to rebuild the same thing again and where is the fun in that. Plus along the way I have learnt new tricks so it would be good from scratch again! 

A big shoutout to @Cairath for his world gen database and multitude of other tools and @RoboPhred for his savefile editor, which has allowed me to recover from numerous accidental debug key presses shutting off the achievements, in addition to customizing geysers and vents. Thanks to the late @Nightinggale for his blackhole bin and the numerous people that gave advice on how to fix and recompile it for personal use.

SO IT IS TIME TO --error-- REDO FROM START! --error--

MWHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

(yes, the shock of losing a game started more than half a year ago has gotten has driven me insane)

Now you've bitten the bultet, why don't you fire up the DLC and go nuts. Try this seed in the DLC: V-OCAN-C-2112984438-0

I'm playing on that one now, and it's got a nice number of salt water, cool slush, polluted water and steam geysers, as well as some nice volcano's, plenty of oil wells and everything else your heart could desire.

Wait...There is a chance that my save game will not boot up...and there isn`t even a new DLC2 out yet :confused::confused::confused: Noooooooooooo !

That would be like one rotten cheese :ghost: ! Will check at XMAS, with a new cpu and a fresh board.

Archived