how increase performance?

Hello guys, I dont use the forum, it is my first here, so i dont even know if i am doing this right, but i have questions about how increase performance in dst, because my notebook is not that good, but i could play the game very well, create my worlds, and play with some friends ocassionaly, however the game had updates since i bought it, and now i cant even create a world (not even without caves), the game crashes or stay like 1 hour "generating world", also, i play below 30 fps and above 20. I am not asking for a miracle, but anyone have a way to increase fps and run my worlds again, i want to create my own world and play alone, kinda sad enter a public server, make a base, and the other day the server is on day 1.

Currently, i use mods to try to improve the perfomance, I dont remember the name, but it is like, to disable snow, to disable rain and to disable overlays, I heard that existed a dontstarveluajit that make the game increase fps, however in the github page says the mod doesnt work in dst, so i didnt test yet, but is there something similar to this that could help me?

I am not expecting for the impossible lol, so i will not be sad if there is no solution for this, but anyway, it will not hurt ask.

would be recommended if you post your notebook spec and the list of mods you are using, i would recommend you to diseable all of them while trying to find the problem because most of the time mods cause them

to improve the performance in general you can try notebook mode and small textures but seems like you are having a problem that wont be solve with these

check if you have updated drivers and reinstall the game

47 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

When did this start happening?

after waterlogged update

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

would be recommended if you post your notebook spec and the list of mods you are using, i would recommend you to diseable all of them while trying to find the problem because most of the time mods cause them

to improve the performance in general you can try notebook mode and small textures but seems like you are having a problem that wont be solve with these

check if you have updated drivers and reinstall the game

pentium, 4gb RAM ;-;

mods i use:

overlays disabler; rain and snow lag fix update; geometric placement; wortox quick heal

I am subscribed to a lot of mods, but these are the only I play with on.

Some users have trouble generating worlds on the 64 bit version even with decent hardware and all the anti virus and firewall exceptions in place.

It's not a common problem but it happens i am one of the affected too i also often get world that just generate forever on 64 bit version.

Try generating a world in 32 version of DST it should work fine granted you have the server exes for the 32 bit version in firewall / anti virus exceptions too. You can switch back to 64 bit DST after the world is generated no issues.

15 minutes ago, dois raios said:

after waterlogged update

pentium, 4gb RAM ;-;

mods i use:

overlays disabler; rain and snow lag fix update; geometric placement; wortox quick heal

I am subscribed to a lot of mods, but these are the only I play with on.

ram seems enough but which pentium are you using? this game consume a bunch of cpu resources

also, with the new hd textures. you graphic card might be having a bad time if is a weak one

As for performance well in addition try also disabling Windows Aero another obscure problem with DST for some Windows users having Aero extensions active (the transparent / animated desktop thing) causes jittery framerate.

How to increase performance? Do a dance.

But seriously, I might be wrong, but 4 GB RAM total seems a little... brave. Have you considered checking, if your notebook is compatible to RAM-upgrades? Many Tower PCs allow RAM-upgrades through additional hardware, but I have no idea, if that works on your notebook (chances might be not too high sadly)

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

ram seems enough but which pentium are you using? this game consume a bunch of cpu resources

also, with the new hd textures. you graphic card might be having a bad time if is a weak one

pentium n3710 1,6ghz

1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

How to increase performance? Do a dance.

But seriously, I might be wrong, but 4 GB RAM total seems a little... brave. Have you considered checking, if your notebook is compatible to RAM-upgrades? Many Tower PCs allow RAM-upgrades through additional hardware, but I have no idea, if that works on your notebook (chances might be not too high sadly)

I dowloaded cpu-z and saw that there is only one slot to RAM, and i dont know if the current RAM is soldier or not.

18 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Some users have trouble generating worlds on the 64 bit version even with decent hardware and all the anti virus and firewall exceptions in place.

It's not a common problem but it happens i am one of the affected too i also often get world that just generate forever on 64 bit version.

Try generating a world in 32 version of DST it should work fine granted you have the server exes for the 32 bit version in firewall / anti virus exceptions too. You can switch back to 64 bit DST after the world is generated no issues.

why does using 64 bit instead of 32 bit decreases performance? recently i played with a friend wich i havent since before the 64bit version, he was suffering from intense lag at the point of being unplayable, but for me it was fine (i was the host and we both use 64 bit windows).

do you think the version of the game could be the cause of it?

18 hours ago, VouMorrer said:

why does using 64 bit instead of 32 bit decreases performance? recently i played with a friend wich i havent since before the 64bit version, he was suffering from intense lag at the point of being unplayable, but for me it was fine (i was the host and we both use 64 bit windows).

do you think the version of the game could be the cause of it?

Not sure cause performance wise both versions work the same for me.

It's just the issue with world generating on 64 bit version that keeps plaguing me and handful of people.

well, i disable every single client mod and started the game in 64-bit version, it worked, so yeah, if you want to make the game run in your potato pc, just disable all client mods, disable everything that is possible in the settings, dont use full screen and test which version is the best for you, 32-bit version or 64-bit version. if i find out anything about how to increase performance, i will post here.

Archived