DLC 2 Ideas

On 3/29/2022 at 10:33 PM, LaShomb said:

was surprised that critters didn't get mutations too.

The devs hinted that the next update (before the dlc) will focus on critters and recreation. Possibly they`ll add more critter morphs or other interaction like mutations.

On 3/29/2022 at 10:33 PM, LaShomb said:

Seems like the game could work with some hostiles to add to the survival aspect.

I think some dangers or hostile critters could add to the game but i`m not sure if it should be a dominating aspect of the game. After all the game is about designing systems and waste management. It`s ok to have hostiles as something to design around like a biome or planetoid filled with them, but hostiles appearing from all sides might be a bit too game altering.

Space pirates which can invade you, beat you and steal your stuff, pirate bases that control some areas of the star map and you have to invade them and take control of their asteroids to make sure they dont attack your ships or colony.

And of course a cloning bay so the last surviving dupe who hid in the magma chamber can recreate the colony after the pirates burned everything down.

A robodupe that's controllable (with WASD or something) that has the properties of the metal it's made out of (it can survive in really hot temperatures if it's steel but it has high heat conductivity) at the cost of using a ton of power and requiring fuel (petroleum or refined metal or a gas or whatever) would be neat thing to see in a DLC, like how rovers are in Spaced Out!

On 4/3/2022 at 7:23 AM, natelolzzz said:

@LaShomb if I can build some sort of overcomplicated trap that uses a humungous radbolt cannon to turn them into piles of nuclear waste, to make more radbolts, sign me up

DLC 2 would need to be something away from radiation as would rely on spaced out to be able to function.

Archived