Applied Horticulture was overnerfed

21 minutes ago, Dextops said:

i disagree since food was not a problem in the first place and i don't think she was ever a top tier character since a lot of her books are meh or damn near useless

Wilson died from starvation.

Willow died from starvation.

Wendy died from starvation.

Woodie died from a Terror Beak.

Wilson started a vote for World regeneration.

You voted no.

Regenerating world in 5 seconds...

26 minutes ago, Dextops said:

i disagree since food was not a problem in the first place and i don't think she was ever a top tier character since a lot of her books are meh or damn near useless

Maybe now, but before the whole rework of farming, she was pretty strong, specially since Crops didnt spoil in the OG farm plots, and made food an irrelevant problem even for highly populated worlds

Regardless that change was just a necessity due to the farming rework, her actual refresh is yet to come. 

Also her books are good, what you on about?

Birds of the Word is pretty good fo when you need feathers. 

Sleepytime Stories is basically a far cheaper Panflute and has considerably more range.

On Tentacles can have its uses, such has killing some bosses or even making sort of farm.

And End is Nigh is massively strong when paired with WX. 

4 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

I don't know what you're talking about, no one here is defending Winona.

Oh that’s low.. :( I still enjoy playing Winona from time to time, she’s an underrated character by far: I love that Trusty Tape can be used to repair boat leaks, Thermal Stones & Winter Gear- I wish Trusty Tape had more uses but I suppose they don’t want it to be Too OP.. would be Nice if it could “Fix” burnt structures though just to be a plug in for that old saying “Plumbers tape fixes everything.”

Wickers Book was Nerfed because you can plant a bunch of crops beside one another into the same 1 block foundation, prior to this: You could only plant one crop per 1 foundation, The only way to match this was by having Wicker+Wormwood- But when a Wormwood planted an entire screen worth of Seeds & a Wicker could grow that up- it would lag down and even crash older consoles/PCs: These so called “Nerfs” are to “Balance” something that could potentially break the game- You May hate it OP, but that book Nerf may also be the only thing keeping your game console from spontaneously exploding.

5 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

Birds of the Word is pretty good fo when you need feathers. 

Sleepytime Stories is basically a far cheaper Panflute and has considerably more range.

On Tentacles can have its uses, such has killing some bosses or even making sort of farm.

And End is Nigh is massively strong when paired with WX. 

i never need feathers 

a panflute is more easily attainable at first and i don't see myself needing them a lot

boss farms needing on tentacles are outclassed

and end is nigh is highly specific to only when you have a wx on your team

all of these things are outclassed and or pretty niche i'd like to see more books that have a more general use and is good

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wickers Book was Nerfed because you can plant a bunch of crops beside one another into the same 1 block foundation, prior to this: You could only plant one crop per 1 foundation

Yeah theres also that, without the nerf, her food production would have sky-rocked 9+ fold, since making the Farm Soils is considerably cheaper than the Farm Plots, and can carry multiple seeds instead of just one.

9 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Wilson died from starvation.

Willow died from starvation.

Wendy died from starvation.

Woodie died from a Terror Beak.

Wilson started a vote for World regeneration.

You voted no.

Regenerating world in 5 seconds...

sounds more like a personal player issue

15 minutes ago, Dextops said:

sounds more like a personal player issue

I could feed a server of 12 with Wilson, but Wicker could just spam her books and then leave them be for an entire season while she goes to cheese Bee Queen or something. Not to mention that other characters were pretty barebones, that alone made her stand out above most of them.

Just now, Sweaper said:

I could feed a server of 12 with Wilson, but Wicker could just spam her books and then leave them be for an entire season while she goes to cheese Bee Queen or something. Not to mention that others characters were pretty barebones, that alone made her stand out above most of them.

unless you had a wormwood you'd be spending most of your time getting ludicrous amounts of food 

5 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

Bunnymen farm were op, the nerf made sense. I'm questioning your sanity.

True. But the nerf klei did to bunnyman is 1 step away from the way they nerfed Warbucks.

It's just so absurd and over the top, I am seriously questioning Klei's ability to balance things. 

Just now, Gi-Go said:

True. But the nerf klei did to bunnyman is 1 step away from the way they nerfed Warbucks.

It's just so absurd and over the top, I am seriously questioning Klei's ability to balance things. 

I mean its basically the same has normal pig drops.

1 minute ago, Dollmaker said:

I mean its basically the same has normal pig drops.

37.5% to get meat instead of 75% + no skin. I'd rather eat carrots from their smashed houses and forget they existed. 

12 hours ago, DJO7000 said:

Is that also why people are defending one of the worst refreshed yet?

Wickerbottom did not receive her rework yet.

Horti was changed b/c of the changes the devs made to farming. It's still good for producing seeds and lesser glowberries if you get the lesser glowberry, but yeah, for berries and stone plants, it's not worth it.

Also, people did complain about it, but not for the food part. They justifibly complained that it affected growings trees, grass, and twigs, so the devs added the Silviculture to rectify that.

37.5 hunger per bunnymen was stupid and made the game uneable to get new interesting food sources

sure, now you only raise 10 plants but also now you dont need to waste tons of rocks, manure and grass

2 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Wickerbottom did not receive her rework yet.

wolfgang

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

37.5 hunger per bunnymen was stupid and made the game uneable to get new interesting food sources

sure, now you only raise 10 plants but also now you dont need to waste tons of rocks, manure and grass

This game is just as easy and just as unbalanced as it ever was. Nerf of book is what killed a bunch of interesting food sources. That's pretty much all it achieved. Made less variety and less creativity. 

And as for farms, I really don't get the appeal. I never make them, and I don't see why would anyone consider them a good food source. 

5 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

This game is just as easy and just as unbalanced as it ever was. Nerf of book is what killed a bunch of interesting food sources. That's pretty much all it achieved. Made less variety and less creativity. 

And as for farms, I really don't get the appeal. I never make them, and I don't see why would anyone consider them a good food source. 

sure, getting entire stacks of tomatoes and potatoes which can be used for healing, filling stomach or restoring sanity is being a bad food source

as always, biased

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

sure, getting entire stacks of tomatoes and potatoes which can be used for healing, filling stomach or restoring sanity is being a bad food source

as always, biased

Not saying they are objectively trash. I'm not a frams expert either. Just my personal experience. I cannot imagen wasting time and going out of my way to grow some pointless veggies. 

Archived