Why is this still a thing

Why do the Eye of Terror and Twins of Terror spawn on random players? Why not on the player who touched the Terrarium, or is nearest to it, or something like that. It's quite annoying, I was just playing with a chum the other day, I was all ready and prepared to fight the Eye, and it decided to spawn on my pal, half a map away from me. It's not like he couldn't run away from it, but I had no way of getting to it, so this entire event just delayed the fight an full day, out of my control. This did happen a few more times yes.

I'm really confused as to why this still hasn't been fixed

53 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Why do the Eye of Terror and Twins of Terror spawn on random players? Why not on the player who touched the Terrarium, or is nearest to it, or something like that. It's quite annoying, I was just playing with a chum the other day, I was all ready and prepared to fight the Eye, and it decided to spawn on my pal, half a map away from me. It's not like he couldn't run away from it, but I had no way of getting to it, so this entire event just delayed the fight an full day, out of my control. This did happen a few more times yes.

I'm really confused as to why this still hasn't been fixed

Apparently it spawns like that in Terraria.. like chooses a random player to attack so they wanted it to feel like that.

Im pretty sure in a future QOL update Klei can add additional spawning behaviors instead of just deleting the current one some people may actually enjoy.

For example Terrarium- On/Off/Spawn on Random Player/Spawn on Terrarium.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Apparently it spawns like that in Terraria.. like chooses a random player to attack so they wanted it to feel like that.

It spawns like that in Terraria if it's naturally spawning. But if you spawn it with an item/summon, then it targets the player that summoned it iirc.

The Terrarium is more akin to the latter form of boss spawning in my opinion as it's an item, so I feel it should work that way in DST too.

I'm going to throw in my unpopular opinion, but as annoying, as this is on publics, I love this. Reminds me of the good old days of going blind into DST, when EVERYTHING felt just as chaotic as this. I feel like DST needs a few things that will never be fully controllable to maintain its character. Just as you have to communicate/gather away from base before Deerclops spawns, you now have to discuss when you're going to fight Eye of Terror - or you're just fine with opening a mystery box. It once spawned on my on my 2nd day on a public, while I was minding my own business and while running away, I was basically laughing my butt off

Archived