[Game Update] - Public Testing 487891

12 hours ago, JarrettM said:

The fullerene meteor shower is now shorter and has a higher concentration of fullerene.

Meteor shower with fullerene in Space out? Aren't meteror showers only contain regolith? What did I miss...

1 minute ago, joodo said:

Meteor shower with fullerene in Space out? Aren't meteror showers only contain regolith? What did I miss...

I was wondering the same thing. I know they can be spawned via sandbox tools, but I never got anything else than regolith meteors on the regolith asteroid, ever. I even made a new sandbox save file in the latest public update, observed dozens of meteor showers and only got regolith meteors. :wilson_confused:

3 minutes ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

I was wondering the same thing. I know they can be spawned via sandbox tools, but I never got anything else than regolith meteors on the regolith asteroid, ever. I even made a new sandbox save file in the latest public update, observed dozens of meteor showers and only got regolith meteors. :wilson_confused:

Anyway, fullerene meteor shower sounds a good idea. As an addition of space POIs, fullerene(graphite) is one of the few resources that's not renewable in Space Out. And that makes regolith asteroid more useful in end game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joodo said:

Anyway, fullerene meteor shower sounds a good idea. As an addition of space POIs, fullerene(graphite) is one of the few resources that's not renewable in Space Out. And that makes regolith asteroid more useful in end game.

It is renewable via space mining (not sure if this is what you meant in your post). I have yet to encounter a single Starmap that did not have a guaranteed POI with fullerene on it, and I generated quite a few.

Still, I would welcome any variation in the meteor showers on the regolith asteroids tbh, like the metal ores, fullerene, or even radioactive meteors that are currently used in reactor meltdown.

1 minute ago, sakura_sk said:

Did you go to the Tear? :rolleyes:

No, could not be bothered :-/

Does it enable different meteor types on the regolith asteroid or is it only on the ice asteroid (forgot the name)?

Are meteors on the ice asteroid a one time thing when you open the tear or does it become recurrent like on the regolith asteroid?

I'm intrigued now.

16 minutes ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

Does it enable different meteor types on the regolith asteroid or is it only on the ice asteroid (forgot the name)?

Are meteors on the ice asteroid a one time thing when you open the tear or does it become recurrent like on the regolith asteroid?

I'm intrigued now.

hmm... I could confirm some things on a previous update but on this one I don't even see meteors anywhere, not even mooteors :-? Do they have a cycle count before they start any meteor showers? Discovering (sandbox discovering) the planetoid doesn't seem to trigger them even after 20 cycles

Just now, sakura_sk said:

hmm... I could confirm some things on a previous update but on this one I don't even see meteors anywhere, not even mooteors :-? Do they have a cycle count before they start any meteor showers? Discovering (sandbox discovering) the planetoid doesn't seem to trigger them even after 20 cycles

I was able to trigger meteor showers but not mooteor showers on the live branch. I think the first meteor shower started at around cycle 10ish? Then I got them pretty often. I teleported a dupe on the regolith asteroid just in case it was needed to trigger the meteor showers after they changed it so that

• Meteor showers no longer fall on unvisited asteroids

I don't know if by "visit" they mean dupes, rovers, landing a rocket, or if a rocket in orbit is enough (revealing the surface). It didn't work for mooteors though, even past cycle 25 not a single cow crashed on the moo planet, so I couldn't determine if the space scanner could track mooteor showers with the same option as meteor showers.:wilson_curious:

17 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Fixed some misbehaving UI in the All Diagnostics Screen: fixed icon hover highlights, corrected alphabetical sorting, renamed "Tutorial disabled" state to "Temporarily disabled"

What UI change changed the map hover over tooltip behavior?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Big Ups 1

On 11/26/2021 at 7:58 PM, JarrettM said:

When Solar Panel Modules are grounded, they’ll partially block light.

Good change, but why partially? Just yeet that exploit fully and dont bother with partial solutions.

Also, since we are moving closer to the release, can we have full random cluster start? When selected it will randomly choose one of available ones and set random traits to it. It will grant more fun with exploration and seem pretty easy to do

• Like 3

I'm observing a very strange bug where food doesn't finish decaying. It reaches 0% and then just stays like that indefinitely.image.thumb.png.85acb036d175568f9414642d0d9133cd.png

Also seems to persist across saving + loading.

image.thumb.png.a087f5dd3482e489ea4c0f992940e7e1.png

Dupes can still eat it, and it seems to feed them fine.

3 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

Indeed:

Not sure if related but since the latest release update (and still on the preview release) I've been observing since inconsistencies in food conservation where I have sleet wheat deep frozen at 1°C but tofu only refrigerated at - 7°C... I thought the status might change after a reload but doesn't seem to happen