What characters would you have for a full team?

2 hours ago, RichNCrispy said:

You have to build a scaled chest and fill it with 12 impressive items. You also must decorate the area around the chest. You have a maximum of one year game time to accomplish it.

Heh actually picking 12 "impressive items that can be obtained in a year to fill a scaled chest with" sounds even more of a fun challenge :P The picks should demonstrate a variery of tasks, expertise and skillsets while also not relying too much on chance. In the end, with my perfectly diligent 5 allies, this would be my bucket list I guess:

-Houndius Shootius

-Glossomer Saddle

-Pearl's Pearl

-Milkmade Hat

-Astral Detector

-Shield of Terror

-Shadow Thurible

-Beequeen Crown

-Winged Sail Kit

-Weather Pain

-Tree Jam

-Friendly Fruitfly Fruit

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Heh actually picking 12 "impressive items that can be obtained in a year to fill a scaled chest with" sounds even more of a fun challenge :P The picks should demonstrate a variery of tasks, expertise and skillsets while also not relying too much on chance. In the end, with my perfectly diligent 5 allies, this would be my bucket list I guess:

-Houndius Shootius

-Glossomer Saddle

-Pearl's Pearl

-Milkmade Hat

-Astral Detector

-Shield of Terror

-Shadow Thurible

-Beequeen Crown

-Winged Sail Kit

-Weather Pain

-Tree Jam

-Friendly Fruitfly Fruit

I was also thinking you could have giant vegetables of different varieties each fresh inside of the chest. Hard to maintain.

edit: Ooo! What about a completed cookbook?

Well, taking the 'or something' route...
6 of me, just working together, doing the stuff that sometimes makes me wish I could control multiple characters at once or swap characters on a dime with another player/worker AI, haha.

Maxwell. The core of this cloning operation. The hivemind's venerated leader, celebrated via effigies in his likeness.
Clear the land for glorious progress, pile up the spoils at the central complex for processing.
Farm Nightmare Fuel now and then.

Wormwood. Provider of biomass. Farmer of farms. Cooker of basic sustenance.
Creates Living Logs regularly for my magical shenanigans...and Mushroom Planters.
Lord of the (Butter)flies, catching, storing, and upkeeping their mortal vessels for utilization.

Wortox. The untethered scout. He who shall not be bound by land border, road, nor basic laws of common sense.
Carrier and Yeeter of the Butterfly stacks; hoarder of the souls.
Mender of the Worm's Wood, provider of the Living Log Spam.
Nullifier of Health Bars.

Wendy. Silk forever. I need my Bug Nets. Also bonus meat nuggets. K thanks.
...also on Monkey-mass-slaughter duty when we do Ruins stuff. Free food.
And yawn spam whenever we do boss fights. Essential. Important role.

Wurt. With this setup, she has plenty of support to focus on building Merm kingdoms in strategic places.
Turns into a good gatherer/boss and wave handler. Generally makes life easier for everyone.

Wigfrid...the neutral party. Actually important. A role to relax with, and focus on crafting/building.
Built in tools to defend herself no matter what project she's working on; quick support options to help any team member in need.
The glue that holds our 6 brain cells together.

...hm.

What do you mean by "competition"?

a) If you mean for example "speedrunning killing all bosses" Then I'd pick:

1. Wolfgang (for speed and damage)
  2. Wolfgang (for speed and damage)
  3. Wanda (for teleports and damage)
  4. Wigfrid (for armor and songs)
  5. Woodie (For sea speedrun and epxloration)
  6. Not sure with this one but probably Warly for basekeeping and quick cooking for the wolfgangs. Also potentially for his spices, but in the speedrun, farming sounds like waste of time, so the only useful spice would be honey for collecting wood, stone and fighting misery toad

b) If by competition you mean PvP for teams 6 against 6 then:

Let me first try to talk about the general strategy for such gamemode. It is important to get to things first, because both: you get the thing and the other team won't. Most important things are probably gems - used for magic and ruins gear. Although these can be acquired later via hounds and earthquakes, they are very prized early game.

Once people spawn, they should prioritize things such as

• finding ruins asap and steal the gems and thulecite before the other team gets there; build ruins gear
  • (alternatively bring more people to ruins and build base there and defend the ruins before anyone wanting to come there)
  • killing off the volt goats for weather pain
  • finding pan flute and mandrakes
  • digging up the graves for gems
  • smashing down as much pig houses as possible
  • killing moosegoose asap, for weather pain / luxury fan - both very important
  • killing mctusks asap - for blue gems, but for teleportation mainly, alternatively for walking canes if you get a lot of tusks
  • killing DF
  • etc..., can't think of anything else rn

Then they should build a base. There are many options:

• Build a base, that you will be ready to defend. Build walls around it, build catapults, houndiuses, ice flingos, spider nests
  • Build only temporary bases to learn recipes etc. every once and then when you re-group, otherwise play nomadic playstyle, disrupt other team's progress, while killing them off one by one, when you catch them in the wild
  • Build a hidden base - dark corners in the caves work great, because caves are not usually explored fully. Just be careful that you're not being followed. Other option is the sea.

My choice for this gamemode would be:

1. Definitely Wortox - This guy has many benefits
    1. he can group heal
    2. he might be able to speedrun ruins the quickest (maybe wigfrid would be better, cause wortox would have to prepare souls and armor)
    3. he is one of the only characters who can escape panflute and sleepytime stories, he can also escape ice staff
    4. He can hop into enemy base over their walls and wreak havoc there, either via torches, fire staff, hammers, weather pain, stealing items, food, or just damaging someone
  2. Definitely Wickerbottom
    1. For sleepytime stories, the end is nigh, on tentacles - all extremely usefull in PvP
    2. For her other books, birds ofworldcanbe used to craft a lot of darts, agricultures to speed up farming and collecting resources
    3. For her quick early game - can craft backpacks, spears and shovels for teammates almost immediately
  3. Wanda (2x or 3x)
    1. she has great damage and weapon
    2. Can come to aid at any point in time.
    3. can potentially teleport the whole team into enemy base, or bait someone into her wormhole
    4. Can revive for free (if you're not playing perma death)
    5. I'm not very familiar with backstep watch, but I'm pretty sure it can dodge some pretty nasty attacks (maybe even panflute)
    6. the downside of Wandas is finding red gems (you should be able to get at least 1 from stalagmites in caves or from earthquakes though)
  4. Definitely Wigfrid
    1. Mainly for armor - pretty important once all pig houses are smashed down.
    2. quick and safe speedrun into ruins
    3. also is great overall with her multipliers and songs
  5. Warly (maybe)
    1. for portable crockpot
    2. Potentially for spices, if you decide to make base and farm

nothing would matter in an all bosses speedrun because you'd still have to wait for bearger to spawn no matter what lol, if it's excluding bearger and up to cc you'd still have to wait for summer to get the pearl, and if it's excluding ocean and seasonal bosses then you could kill every boss including fuelweaver and misery toadstool halfway through autumn if you're well coordinated regardless of the characters being used, the difference between the best possible team and the worst possible team would likely only be like 3 minutes at most, only character I'd absolutely want to have would be walter to increase chances of repairing a marble sculpture on day 1

1 hour ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

he might be able to speedrun ruins the quickest (maybe wigfrid would be better, cause wortox would have to prepare souls and armor)

wortox is one of the slowest ruins rushers, only slightly better than wes and warly

1 hour ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

Once people spawn, they should prioritize things such as

• finding ruins asap and steal the gems and thulecite before the other team gets there; build ruins gear
  • (alternatively bring more people to ruins and build base there and defend the ruins before anyone wanting to come there)
  • killing off the volt goats for weather pain
  • finding pan flute and mandrakes
  • digging up the graves for gems
  • smashing down as much pig houses as possible
  • killing moosegoose asap, for weather pain / luxury fan - both very important
  • killing mctusks asap - for blue gems, but for teleportation mainly, alternatively for walking canes if you get a lot of tusks
  • killing DF
  • etc..., can't think of anything else rn

Then they should build a base. There are many options:

• Build a base, that you will be ready to defend. Build walls around it, build catapults, houndiuses, ice flingos, spider nests
  • Build only temporary bases to learn recipes etc. every once and then when you re-group, otherwise play nomadic playstyle, disrupt other team's progress, while killing them off one by one, when you catch them in the wild
  • Build a hidden base - dark corners in the caves work great, because caves are not usually explored fully. Just be careful that you're not being followed. Other option is the sea.

Building a pvp fortress sounds like a very fun experience, but if you actually had a 6v6 pvp match you would understand that everything ends up in who gets the pan flute first

And flingos & catas are not good for pvp

2 hours ago, Capybara007 said:

Building a pvp fortress sounds like a very fun experience, but if you actually had a 6v6 pvp match you would understand that everything ends up in who gets the pan flute first

Yeah, it does. I'd love to try it sometime.

Also, Pan flute usually isn't endgame. You just have to run from your opponent, until you are ready to face the panflute.

By preparing for the pan flute i mean some of (or all of) these strategies:

1. having heals ready and your hp full
  2. having armor with good durability, or having lots of it
  3. having a counter to pan flute (ice staves, fire staves, darts all cancel the pan flute animation and effect)
  4. having your teammates ready to assist you, but not in range of the panflute
  5. having your own pan flute or sleepytime stories ready (or mandrake)
  6. eating mushy cake before you are put to sleep (not sure if this can actually save your from sleeping, or only decrease the time you spend sleeping)
  7. having cooked moon shrooms to remove grogginess

Sleep is very strong, because even if you have lots of armor, your opponent can put you to sleep and blow you up with gunpowder.
That's the reason, why there is a mod called PvP revamp, that nerfs sleep items, while also adding other QoL to PvP.
Pan flute is the reason, i have wortox and 2-3 wandas on my team. They can all escape it.
Remember, that playing the pan flute will put to sleep your allies as well.
And even if the encounter results in death, then if you are prepared, your enemy will need multiple plays on it.

2 hours ago, Capybara007 said:

And flingos & catas are not good for pvp

You're probably right, I didn't think catapults through. They probably don't know who to focus.

Flingos are the best way to put out fire though. Sure, they are a vital point in your fortress and can be hammered down, so you'd have to defend them, but they seem necessary.

2 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

nothing would matter in an all bosses speedrun because you'd still have to wait for bearger to spawn no matter what lol, if it's excluding bearger and up to cc you'd still have to wait for summer to get the pearl, and if it's excluding ocean and seasonal bosses then you could kill every boss including fuelweaver and misery toadstool halfway through autumn if you're well coordinated regardless of the characters being used, the difference between the best possible team and the worst possible team would likely only be like 3 minutes at most, only character I'd absolutely want to have would be walter to increase chances of repairing a marble sculpture on day 1

Oh yeah, you're right. All bosses speedrun would make no sense.

wortox is one of the slowest ruins rushers, only slightly better than wes and warly

I don't think that's true. Only thing you need is

• a bit more souls (probably 20, better safe then sorry)
  • some grass and twigs (for torches, second pickaxe, hammer and a spear)
  • pickaxe
  • 20 logs

You can then find a depths worm => build alchemy => get moggles, optionally lantern and off you go, collecting the statues that are safe, while destroying all the ancient pseudoscience stations, except the last one that you use to make ruins gear and then destroy it as well.

While yeah, wigfrid would be better option for my skill level, I don't think wortox would be falling behind other characters except wes and warly.

11 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

I just realized, you can set your season length to short.

Archived