Well this is new. I've never encountered this before. I do play with mods but I don't think any of them would be the issue here. I couldn't dig it out or build over it or anything. I ended up just going into debug mode to destroy it. The issue was still there after destroying the block that was over it. Anyone ever seen something like this before? Weird :confused:

Screenshot (119).png

Screenshot (120).png

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, Pattycake said:

Well this is new. I've never encountered this before. I do play with mods but I don't think any of them would be the issue here. I couldn't dig it out or build over it or anything. I ended up just going into debug mode to destroy it. The issue was still there after destroying the block that was over it. Anyone ever seen something like this before? Weird :confused:

Screenshot (119).png

Screenshot (120).png

It's a bug related to points of interest.  If you manually move a dupe in, it should reveal the tile.

Good to know. I couldn't move a dupe in since it was only that one tile that was messed up. My dupes were building all around there but it never revealed. It's all good though. I fixed it anyway. Editing this post to say that multiple dupes have walked across the area and it still won't reveal itself. 

Happens occasionally. I have had this (rarely) since POIs became a thing. It is a long-standing, rarely triggered bug. 

My last one was a copper ore tile, I think, maybe 3 months back and also next to the food dispenser machine. Had to drip liquid glass on it to melt it. For the case at hand, I suggest melting the ice and then moving a dupe to the position. 

Yes, it was previously in a room with a security door at the entrance. I started this particular game two updates ago, so it's not too old. I think that unknown area is supposed to go away once the door is opened, but it doesn't. I did manage to get it to go away by deconstructing the vending machine, building a ladder up to the unknown area, and making a dupe go to the top of the ladder so that his feet were in the unknown area.

On 10/26/2021 at 11:13 PM, ghkbrew said:

I believe they need their feet to be in the hidden tile to reveal it.

You were absolutely right! Having their feet in the area fixed it. Thank you. I've never encountered that before but now I know what to do if it ever happens again. 

4 minutes ago, Pattycake said:

You were absolutely right! Having their feet in the area fixed it. Thank you. I've never encountered that before but now I know what to do if it ever happens again. 

The game needs sandals...and white socks! 

Archived