Seriously fix this RNG. Spent the whole summer exploring caves to find atrium entrance and still did not get it

Yes of course.

my issue is that stupid rng like this should be fixed and there should be a way to find it, like the medallion to ancient guardian.

I literally started searching on day 56 and found it on day 72 in a green biome where i thought they are not supposed to spawn 

pilar.PNG

1 hour ago, reallychina said:

Looking for something for 15 days IS rng.

but isnt rng since is time exploring, use a beef or mag to fin it faster

i get your point and i hope some day klei will give us more interesting destinations via tentapillars to break that sense of "i use this only because of the atrium"

9 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

but isnt rng since is time exploring

exploring and looking for something is inherently RNG

Imagine if Chester eyebone for example did not have some limitations on spawn as it does now but instead could spawn anywhere (including a dark forest under trees).

You have some hints on where things should be in this game, for the atrium pillar there is none and the variation is absurd.

1 hour ago, reallychina said:

exploring and looking for something is inherently RNG

But pillars are stationary, there's only so many of them, and you can automatically cross out two when you search. Killing them is not that difficult either.

Just pop a minisign on both sides to know it's not this one, and try a different one. Tentapillars show up on map so it's not like you'll be looking behind trees to find them. 

Archived