Toadstool Guides?

8 minutes ago, zacqiang said:

There are no changes to his fight mechanics, so any Youtube guide from 1~2 years ago still works if you want to fight him properly.

Here's a guide from @JazzyGames which I find very interesting to refer to.

I personally just cheese him with a hambat, a lantern, 2 lureplant bulbs and 2 ice staves, and around 10 gold axes.

Thanks. Im avoiding cheese strats atm as this is a practice thing for me.

1 hour ago, HarperDS said:

Are there any up to date guides for Toadstool/Misery? I looked and couldn't find much but older guides or just kills w/o explanations.

i dont think a guide is needed.... fight is pretty straighfroward - avoid boomshrooms, cut the trees, when poisoned move away until poison drops. get some food and sanity in the fridge nearby and dont carry any perishable in inventory. wepon and armor of your choosing, every attack is very clearly telegraphed and easily avoidable

16 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

i dont think a guide is needed.... fight is pretty straighfroward - avoid boomshrooms, cut the trees, when poisoned move away until poison drops. get some food and sanity in the fridge nearby and dont carry any perishable in inventory. wepon and armor of your choosing, every attack is very clearly telegraphed and easily avoidable

There's an extra AOE earthquake stomp from his 3rd phase onwards iirc, so I guess OP wants to figure out how to deal with the gimmicks sequentially.

4 minutes ago, zacqiang said:

There's an extra AOE earthquake stomp from his 3rd phase onwards iirc, so I guess OP wants to figure out how to deal with the gimmicks sequentially.

but is just practise to get used to his animations so he will be able to kite his 2 atacks+spores without troubles

i would recommend to op to just watch a legit fight to know how works the boss and just practise, is the easier boss in terms of mechanics 

1 hour ago, HarperDS said:

Are there any up to date guides for Toadstool/Misery? I looked and couldn't find much but older guides or just kills w/o explanations.

the only things you need to know is that toad has freeze and sleep resistance so he will need more ice staves uses each time you freeze him and the ice will last less time and he will wake up faster so you need to take this in account and bring pan flutes and ice staves if you wanna crowd control

his mushtrees makes him stronger (more damage, more armor, less CD in his atacks, more speed, etc) so be prepare to chop and weather pain the mushtrees, glass axes are a great tool for the fight. If im not wrong, toad start getting damage resistance with +4 mushtrees

toad summons the trees when is near the hole so when is time to summon them, if he is far away, he will walk into the center of the arena. Use this time to deal free damage since toad will be focused in walking ignoring you

if you dont hit toad for a while he will want to flee, you will know this because your character will say something about it while toad goes into the direction of the hole. Always hit him if you see him going into the hole

If you happen to be playing Solo, planting flowers(planted ones from butterflies) and then call a star on top of them, with Ice Flingos around the arena, Toadstool will constantly be frozen over, making it much much easier to handle his trees. I recommend Glass axes if you can supply enough, You'll want a lot, and if not take luxury.

Hambats won't work because he spoils food with his spore attack, so make sure you also put some food outside the arena.

He's a messy fight, but he's not to hard, Good luck out there with that Big ok Toad!

I can be hard to keep up with the spoorcaps.  I'd recommend either glass axes or weatherpains if you can.  Solo the gold axes will probably clear them just in time for him to summon more lol

Definitely look at the technique to lure him away and use the ponds to keep him away so you get more face time.

the more weather pains u have the easier and care-free the fight becomes. since TS loot isnt very crucial early i always delay it until i have enough horns and down feathers so i dont have to use an axe. the fight becomes very straight-forward then. I also fight it on my beefalo so no weapons needed. 

Id also recommend going straight for misery toadstool if u can. that way you have the napsack blueprint and wont have to fight TS again unless u want to for fun.

Gunpowder is really nice for misery btw. in the past ive used gunpowder to bring it down to normal TS level hp and did the rest on beefalo with weatherpains.

Only thing I would say isn't immediately obvious is the challenge of the trees as others have pointed out. Glass axe and\or some weather pains is recommended. Rstaff isn't as bad as some people say it is, but it's definitely not very good. It takes awhile to break the trees and creates poison where the tree once stood. But, if you have no weather pains it can sometimes be useful such as if there's some trees in poison you can burn them while chopping other trees. It'll elongate the poison and chop them slowly so it isn't always the best choice and has some drawbacks but it is an option.

22 hours ago, Erineyes7 said:

Hambats won't work because he spoils food with his spore attack, so make sure you also put some food outside the arena.

I heard that you can drop the hambat before the spore attack detonates, but I've yet to try it for myself

3 hours ago, Horsheen said:

Ah I see, doesn't seem worth the hassle in my opinion. 

Its pretty easy if you're on pc.  Just set your walking cane to 1, and a body armor to 2.  Put your ham bat in your backpack.  Equip your hambat from there.  Now press 1,2 and you will equip the cane, putting your hambat in your pack, and equip the armor dropping your pack to the ground.  Just do this as you start running to run back with the cloud ready to burst, then turn back and grab your pack, r-click your bat from pack, and repeat.

On console its a bit trickier as you gotta have that spot on your inventory selected, but its basically the same, just equip equip while moving away, then grab equip when coming back to him.

Archived