Change bee mine cost or mechanics?

18 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Or what if they are just useless, no one uses belt of hunger but not because "some youtuber" doesnt uses it, its just because its bad, i dont see what you are trying to say here.

No, they dont. Maybe you use them but you have to recognise they are not good.

53 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Belt of hunger

useful with wolfgang or warly. Also useful for sailing or building. Less hunger=less time wasted preparing food. No need of inventory slots if you know how to manage your inventory thing that seems to be hard when you see mods that adds +45 slots

52 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Bee mine

outdated

52 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Waterballon

this is hilarious. A cheap item that stops fires and can stack up to 20. If i need to explain why this items isnt useful im not surprise that you dont see good uses in the other items

54 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Strident trident 

high durability weapon with dark sword damage that also has uses outside of combat. Perfect for sailing and useful to make "highways" removing rockturds on the way. Not so annoying to craft if you have ruins loot since it cost 2 horns and gives back 1 when green gear is used on it

55 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Scale armor

High durability armor with crowd control and fire inmunity. Good against hounds and beequeen, also you get more dps against klaus since you dont need to evade his fire spell

you can save the scale with a green stuff giving back the scale and a 100% log armor

not the best but a cheap armor if you make a scale farm

58 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Fire darts

Fire staff

both are safe DoT. Darts are so expensive but they helped me a lot when i was new to defead deerclops (safe damage, makes you warm and the enemy gives light). Some items are bad because are though to be used for noobs as a substitute of a better item so a lot of these kind of items shouldnt be balaced (same goes for pretty parasol, winter hat, etc)

fire stuff gives a lot of safe damage for a very cheap price. Useful against hounds (crowd control), deerclops (damage and heat), toadstool (extra damage while he is summoning+being able to burn his trees from distance), beequeen (extra damage that can be done while you wait the opportunity to hit her), AG (good way to speed up the fight if you dont mind losing some lightbulbs flowers), etc

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Body slot clothes items

again inventory management came to mess things arround. Did you know that some people play together so some of them cant access boss year like eyebrella by the 1st year? did you know that beefalo hat+bearger coat makes you warm for maaaaany days? did you know that rain coat>>>umbrella (and more if you plan to fight while raining...)?

i wont write to much about this one, is just your personal preference wrote as facts

1 hour ago, Capybara007 said:

Fireproof falsetto

who understand klei? this is really useless

1 hour ago, Capybara007 said:

There is a ton of "outdated" or "pointless" items

Belt of hunger

Bee mine

Waterballon

Strident trident 

Scale armor

Fire darts

Fire staff

Body slot clothes items

Fireproof falsetto

Klei normally doesnt refresh items like these, and in the last qol we can see that they have no interest in making items more fun to use.

I respect their decision but its just a damn shame, they would unlock a lot more paths to play instead of what we have now, items that you only craft once and they arent even fun using.

Belt of hunger: Can be really nice so you wont need to get that much food all the time, worth it for some people over a backpack. Especially good for Wolfgang, Wortox and Wormwood.

Bee mine: Genuinely underwhelming imo. Can be used for crab king, but is otherwise fairly underutilized for good reason.

Water balloon: Decent way to extinguish emergency fires and to wet Dragonfly out of spring for Electric damage, otherwise not many uses and annoying to get.

Strident trident: Really good uses on sea actually, just annoying to get materials for.

Scale mail: Really good if you wanna use fire damage to your advantage, though makes fire damage even less controllable than it already is. Not that bad otherwise though.

Fire darts: I genuinely think this is probably one of the worst craftable items in the game sadly.

Fire staff: Admitatively not many uses but can be used to distract or dispose of mobs you'd rather not deal with directly. Can be used with scale mail to crank in a bunch of damage on a larger target without fear of fire damage while kiting.

Body slot clothes items: Admitatively a tiny bit underwhelming compared to backpacks, but can have their perks, especially in multiplayer servers.

Fireproof falsetto: I... don't even know. This one's pretty bad in all honesty.

A lot of items here, while not an item everybody would want to use universally all the time, have some genuinely nice uses. And this is coming from somebody who uses none of these items because I just spend so much time expanding upon my base. There's only a handful of them that are legitimately bad in my eyes, with the rest being pretty decent, just either annoying to get materials for or not something you'd use in every situation.

11 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

this is hilarious. A cheap item that stops fires and can stack up to 20. If i need to explain why this items isnt useful im not surprise that you dont see good uses in the other items

False, literally a watering can is already better than ballons, its aoe and it can be reloaded, meanwhile waterballons need too much time to farm.

1 minute ago, Capybara007 said:

False, literally a watering can is already better than ballons, its aoe and it can be reloaded, meanwhile waterballons need too much time to farm.

i would like to see you saving stuff from fire with you can while fire hounds are behind your ass 

balloons can be throw and are nearly free, just pick mosquitoes sacks from past mob fights and fill them in a pond

3 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Both have their up and down sides. Watering cans have a somewhat slow animation and require you to basically walk into the fire to work, while waterballoons can be used from afar and are faster to use.

The only thing I can somewhat agree on is that getting mosquito sacks could be annoying. 

3 minutes ago, Nettalie said:

Belt of hunger: Can be really nice so you wont need to get that much food all the time, worth it for some people over a backpack. Especially good for Wolfgang, Wortox and Wormwood.

Bee mine: Genuinely underwhelming imo. Can be used for crab king, but is otherwise fairly underutilized for good reason.

Water balloon: Decent way to extinguish emergency fires and to wet Dragonfly out of spring for Electric damage, otherwise not many uses and annoying to get.

Strident trident: Really good uses on sea actually, just annoying to get materials for.

Scale mail: Really good if you wanna use fire damage to your advantage, though makes fire damage even less controllable than it already is. Not that bad otherwise though.

Fire darts: I genuinely think this is probably one of the worst craftable items in the game sadly.

Fire staff: Admitatively not many uses but can be used to distract or dispose of mobs you'd rather not deal with directly. Can be used with scale mail to crank in a bunch of damage on a larger target without fear of fire damage while kiting.

Body slot clothes items: Admitatively a tiny bit underwhelming compared to backpacks, but can have their perks, especially in multiplayer servers.

Fireproof falsetto: I... don't even know. This one's pretty bad in all honesty.

A lot of items here, while not an item everybody would want to use universally all the time, have some genuinely nice uses. And this is coming from somebody who uses none of these items because I just spend so much time expanding upon my base. There's only a handful of them that are legitimately bad in my eyes, with the rest being pretty decent, just either annoying to get materials for or not something you'd use in every situation.

Boh is not good, you can just carry an extra meaty stew

Bee mine is bad

Water ballon is not decent, and whoever says that it is, probably never used it

I dont know why i mentioned strident trident

There is like 4 thing that deal fire damage in this game, scale mail is not good

Fire darts are bad

Fire staff is either good, it can be replaced with a ice staff, and even that isnt good for casual mob fighting

Clothe items are bad

Falsetto is bad

Thank you, watering can makes watering balloon useless especially for Console players who don’t have freedom of control over throwing them..

I think Watering Balloon would be more useful if it could be filled with something OTHER then Water, like maybe Figgy Tree Jam, to throw literal sticky patches of goop to slow enemy mobs.

It would get far more use then trying to use it to extinguish fires that’s for darn sure.

As for the Bee Mine- I can put literal STACKS of Bees inside a Wintersfeast gift Wrapped package…. the Bee Mine, is Outdated- Rather anyone cares to admit that or not.

Just now, Nettalie said:

Both have their up and down sides. Watering cans have a somewhat slow animation and require you to basically walk into the fire to work, while waterballoons can be used from afar and are faster to use.

The only thing I can somewhat agree on is that getting mosquito sacks could be annoying. 

This isnt true, you take like 3 seconds to move to the fire to estinguish the fire with a watering can, but sure waterballon op because you dont have to move

Boh is not good, you can just carry an extra meaty stew

Bee mine is bad

I dont know why i mentioned strident trident

There is like 4 thing that deal fire damage in this game, scale mail is not good

Fire darts are bad

Fire staff is either good, it can be replaced with a ice staff, and even that isnt good for casual mob fighting

Clothe items are bad

Falsetto is bad

wow you just conviced me with such facts

thanks for enlighten me

Just now, Capybara007 said:

I guess I haven't used these waterballoons literally yesterday then.

Ice staffs have entirely different uses from fire staffs, so that comparison is sorta weird.

2 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Clothe items are bad

If you're playing alone, kind of, if not, they have their uses.

This isnt true, you take like 3 seconds to move to the fire to estinguish the fire with a watering can, but sure waterballon op because you dont have to move

I guess I'll be using watering cans for fire hounds then...

That's sure to work out perfectly

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

this is your problem, seems like if they arent op = useless

you cant even see that watering can isnt better than balloon when both have good and bad things lol

Try using them with an Xbox controller and then report back to me when your done which task is easier- Watering Can Vs Water Balloon: Console Controller Edition.

Ready? Go!

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Try using them with an Xbox controller and then report back to me when your done which task is easier- Watering Can Vs Water Balloon: Console Controller Edition.

Ready? Go!

Mike, that's something different.

That's a problem of controller controls themselves and not the water balloons vs watering cans. And even then you could technically say water balloons still have their own uses because the throwing animation is faster than the watering can extinguish animation.

Though I agree, anything targeted like telepoofing or throwing things is sadly pretty sucky to use with a controller as oppose to mouse and keyboard.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Ready? Go!

are you talking about console? that is something new!

i was smart enough to buy what would make me play as confortable as i want for that i have k&m and a cheap controler

for everything else you can keep spaming how bad is playing on xbox here https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/160-dont-starve-together-xbox-one/

22 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you cant even see that watering can isnt better than balloon when both have good and bad things lol

I told you that they arent lol, you just replied with

24 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

wow you just conviced me with such facts

thanks for enlighten me

The time spent gathering water ballons isnt worth for the seconds you take to literally move with a watering can to extinguish fires, you sound like you just want to argue for something that is clearly not good

And for some reason you said this

25 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

this is your problem, seems like if they arent op = useless

So if i dont use an underwhelming item i am a metaslave? Yikes

The Xbox and PlayStation forums are pretty much lifeless ghost towns- and Klei did themselves no favors in calling this “General Discussion” now I’m no rocket scientist but General discussion doesn’t specifically indicate PC (it doesn’t even say STEAM General discussion)- it just is, was and always will be the most active part of these forums.

Im pretty sure that even the devs at Klei are aware of that by now.

To try to bring awareness of the differences between PC & Controller play in a Ghost Town forum won’t do you any good- but I need YOU to understand that Console players are actually limited and in some cases completely stripped of content- Because Klei designs this game with KB+Mouse in thought first- And everything else comes later.

Im still waiting for someone at Klei to tell me how as an Xbox Player I’m supposed to be able to Tame Gnarwail, they kind of just ghosted that thread- just like your trying to get them to do with this one.

I asked a simple question: Which is easier using an Xbox Controller, putting out fires with a Watering Can or Trying to use Water Balloons?

Come to think of it.. in my entire time playing this game online with others I have not ONCE seen other players use Water Balloons or for that matter even the actual Topic of this thread- Bee Mines.

If that’s not a massive indicator that they are BOTH Bad Items… then I don’t know what else would be.

The time spent gathering water ballons isnt worth for the seconds you take to literally move with a watering can to extinguish fires, you sound like you just want to argue for something that is clearly not good

By that logic the time it takes to refill the watering can isn't worth it because with mosquito sacks, you can just gather them on the side whenever you grab reeds from the marsh and fill them right there, while with a watering can you have to go all the way to a pond and then back when you could be doing something else.

2 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

And for some reason you said this

you are the one who said that a lot of items are bad but later can only give arguments about one of them which isnt that good vs another items that isnt that good so you are the one who looks like wanna have reason without even trying

So if i dont use an underwhelming item i am a metaslave? Yikes

is what it looks when your argumentation is "this item is bad"

1 minute ago, Nettalie said:

By that logic the time it takes to refill the watering can isn't worth it because with mosquito sacks, you can just gather them on the side whenever you grab reeds from the marsh and fill them right there, while with a watering can you have to go all the way to a pond and then back when you could be doing something else.

If you kill a mosquito you get a sack (not even 100% chance) you need 2 and one ice to make 4 ballons, while can has +50 uses and only need to be filled once

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

devs read that forum and the problem is that you always repeat the same things even when they are a lie or the 3223th complain about xbox which is tiresome and annoying

If you kill a mosquito you get a sack (not even 100% chance) you need 2 and one ice to make 4 ballons, while can has +50 uses and only need to be filled once

swamp floor is always filled with sacks from fights between other mobs and mosquitoes...

Just now, Capybara007 said:

I dont know about you, but my swamps often just have sacks lying around due to mobs attacking mosquitos. Not just that, but being able to fill them on a pond without any upcost is pretty solid. And you mentioning the craft recipe only makes waterballoons sound better because you can literally double the amount you get out of your sacks.

Archived