Please add a mouse and keyboard option for console players

I’m fighting fuel weaver on my second year in DST, and it’s so chaotic. It’s not because the fight is hard, it’s not at all! It’s the fact that the game wants to auto aim at the wrong enemies, like hitting fuel weaver instead of his minions. I know what your thinking, why not use the weather pain?

Thing is, I have been. But in order to use it I literally have to be within a few feet to use it on fuel weaver. This gives me less of an opportunity to take out his shield generators, making all of this time useless when he does this phase repeatedly because I take too long. I don’t want to always rely on other people to help kill a single boss Klei.

All I am asking from all of this is to add in an option to play with an mouse and keyboard, or think about fixing the auto aim system that’s been going on for awhile on consoles. I dunno know if any devs will see this but if they do, I really hope you consider this.

I’ve been playing your game for at almost 4 years at this point, and it’s an masterpiece. Thank you for reading somewhat of an essay lol.

16 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

What is kb/m support like for other console titles?  I've never used a kb/m with console before.

They would function like an PC would. You would get an kb/m, hook their USB’s to the console USB ports, and it would be that simple (for PlayStation consoles at least). But I’ve heard it’s simple on Xbox as well. The mouse and keyboard just requires a game that has this input (kb/m) as an option to play with. An example of an game that has this feature: CoD: Cold War. I hope I helped you instead of confusing you lol.

ye, that would be cool tbh, but im pretty sure that its possible. anyways, im not saying they shouldnt add it, when ive played on console the targeting things its pretty difficult, but its probably possible. also doing it with mouse aiming is pretty janky too. 

Considering the fact that Xbox likes to only support Microsoft exclusive accessories AND they often update the console to make Non-Microsoft accessories incompatible- I would wager that your talking roughly about a 100$ Mouse +’Keyboard Combo because it’s got to be an Microsoft officially compatible licensed product.

Plus I don’t think it would be a wise investment to take a game that never even vaguely mentioned it need KB+Mouse support and Add that suddenly- I mean YES it would help if Klei was designing the SAME GAME for both PC & Consoles- so we don’t have differences like Wortox’s broken soul hops, weather pains and taming Gnarwail..

But: When Not having a Keyboard and Mouse cuts you out of certain content: That’s more of a problem with it not being properly optimized or even designed with play Without KB+Mouse in mind.

I would probably quit playing DST altogether on console if it needed a KB+Mouse, and instead just go out and buy a PC especially if I’m going to have to pay like 100$ for it to be an Xbox officially licensed accessory.

16 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Oh, that's cool.  They should do that then XD  Console controls are so bad.

Yes… terrible.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Considering the fact that Xbox likes to only support Microsoft exclusive accessories AND they often update the console to make Non-Microsoft accessories incompatible- I would wager that your talking roughly about a 100$ Mouse +’Keyboard Combo because it’s got to be an Microsoft officially compatible licensed product.

Plus I don’t think it would be a wise investment to take a game that never even vaguely mentioned it need KB+Mouse support and Add that suddenly- I mean YES it would help if Klei was designing the SAME GAME for both PC & Consoles- so we don’t have differences like Wortox’s broken soul hops, weather pains and taming Gnarwail..

But: When Not having a Keyboard and Mouse cuts you out of certain content: That’s more of a problem with it not being properly optimized or even designed with play Without KB+Mouse in mind.

I would probably quit playing DST altogether on console if it needed a KB+Mouse, and instead just go out and buy a PC especially if I’m going to have to pay like 100$ for it to be an Xbox officially licensed accessory.

I dunno about the Xbox side of things, but for the rest; if they added kb/m as a setting, all they would need to do is add an keyboard configuration setting. AND it gives you more options than a controller, one of them is zooming in/out.

19 minutes ago, Bugsworth said:

ye, that would be cool tbh, but im pretty sure that its possible. anyways, im not saying they shouldnt add it, when ive played on console the targeting things its pretty difficult, but its probably possible. also doing it with mouse aiming is pretty janky too. 

-but more precise lol

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Srly? 100$? How people keep buying consoles with their greed bussiness politics...

Its a worst computer with expensive games, non free online (atleast years ago you needed to pay to play online) and that doesnt let you use whatever k&m you want...

Meanwhile im playing with a 12e k&m to play games that cost me <10$ or even free because of how much free games some pages gift to you xD

Sony and MS are always the problem behind videogames not having certain features, less updates since they make things complicated, making deals to have exclusive game, etc...

I think klei should try to add the compatibility if ms and sony lets them. Even if they would need to keep taking care of how is played the game with a controler it will never match playing with k&m so opening that choice will help a lot

I think some users should make some noise in MS forums rather than here with certain things...

3 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

I could never imagine playing dst on console. Why would anyone torture themselves like that? 

to prove that us console players are better than PC, in which we are!

If we can get to thousands of days and beat hundreds of bosses on CONSOLE, I think we're a bitttttt better than PC

1 minute ago, JeezSorry said:

If we can get to thousands of days and beat hundreds of bosses on CONSOLE, I think we're a bitttttt better than PC

Truly, the ultimate hardmode players. 

9 minutes ago, JeezSorry said:

or it could just mean that you are more attached to the game to even forgive such painful gameplay xDD

to add on to this, a few other games on ps4 do support kb+m. DCUO used to only support the keyboard, but a mouse works, it just needs to be plugged in before starting the game up. Overwatch allegededly does but ive never tested it. Reason i bring up overwatch is because its on a lot of lists if you google it.

15 hours ago, teetyl said:

It’s the fact that the game wants to auto aim at the wrong enemies, like hitting fuel weaver instead of his minions

My understanding is that the target lock function they've added for consoles is made moot by the fact that the button that weather pains ALSO toggles the target lock xD.

I've reported it as a bug for consoles here recently, hopefully this time around they do something.

5 hours ago, lakhnish said:

My understanding is that the target lock function they've added for consoles is made moot by the fact that the button that weather pains ALSO toggles the target lock xD.

I've reported it as a bug for consoles here recently, hopefully this time around they do something.

Hopefully, like if they would do a circle we could aim, like wortox’s soul hopping, then I’d be okay with that Ig.

16 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

I could never imagine playing dst on console. Why would anyone torture themselves like that? 

Cause some of us are too broke to buy a PC, along with equipment for it, right now.

12 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Truly, the ultimate hardmode players. 

Yes, it takes talent!! :D

23 hours ago, JeezSorry said:

Youve seen nothing, I've sailed the seven seas and slain the quacken on MOBILE.

16 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Also, it's useless in the fuelweaver fight cause you need to kill the shadow hand while you are using the weather pane, it leaves a small window to do damage and a huge window for error.

20 hours ago, JeezSorry said:

Im OFFENDED, with that statement! How dare thy speak such words to such higher players! XD

Don't worry mortal, I shall strike them with my lightning bolt.

Archived