Bee Queen Cheese (Any Character)

This is the design i snatched from THIS Gentlemen and tested on the most basic character, WILSON.

Don't forget to put moleworms or Beefs or Deers in those 3 small pens.

I suggest you to use Dark Swords, because you need to finish this fight before evening, so moleworms in pens won't wake up. When they sleep they hold The Bee Queen in place, not letting her flee from you. You can skip this part if you use other animals (Not tested though).

3 hours ago, Keller Max said:

Don't forget to put Beefs or Deers in those 3 small pens.

Does the hitbox collision work with beefs or deers for this design? What I got from Guille last time was that, moleworms sleeping during the day has a somewhat bigger hitbox collision. Though his design is vastly different from this one so I'm not sure if it applies.

Interesting behavior on the Grumbles' pathfinding. Seems like they are all trying to enter the wall gap and constantly pushing each other out.
If the cages with moleworms was duplicated on each side wouldn't the grumbles be stuck in there as well? Hm.

bq.thumb.png.04802d9c3c986e5f0d67f1458d521582.png

Damn that's a lot of work, but in theory you could mob wall bee queen and all grumbles inside a circle and just place a houndius shootius outside for a no hands kill.
The flaw with this design is the next batches of grumbles... They spawn right on top of the moleworms and can move freely to attack. Dangit.

39 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Couldn't you use Lureplant bulbs? If I remember correctly, they've been used to block some bosses in the past.

Can't use lureplants for flying mobs. They go over it like walls. They can't fly over living creatures like the moleworms in the video.

3 minutes ago, Kur0u said:

Wow that sure is resource intensive.

With the mob collision 1 tile apart, I think it's viable to use deers / beefs, and they won't mess you up unlike how moleworms do come dusk and night. Just need 1 moleworm to block off the only path between you and the grumble bees when you go in.

10 hours ago, zacqiang said:

Does the hitbox collision work with beefs or deers for this design? What I got from Guille last time was that, moleworms sleeping during the day has a somewhat bigger hitbox collision. Though his design is vastly different from this one so I'm not sure if it applies.

Tested with deers and it works. Should probably work with Beefs too.

Hope they never patch this one, specifically this one, such a annoying boss, I don't even know how you are supposed to fight her without running the farthest you can until she despawns so you can hit two times and repeat it for 2 ingame days :concern:

Well this will be patched in next update.

But realistically speaking… wouldnt the easiest way to kill bee queen be to burn off her wings so she can’t fly?

Dont Starve Together has these bosses… but these bosses are mostly just boring to the point people are using THINGS LIKE THIS TO FIGHT THEM

I tore Marvels Avengers apart in a post I made the other night about how bad it was in design choices, but if there’s one thing Avengers got right- It was having Bosses that had weak points you could damage or destroy first to make the fight a little easier

(if there’s a robot tank shooting at you that has tons of health, killing all its little guns first before fighting the tank is only logical)

I think ALL of Klei’s bosses could use an Overhaul- and maybe Avengers isn’t the best example…

But the TL:DR- Deal enough damage to Bee-Queens wings to render her flight ineffective.

As much as you guys seem to think I have no right to talk about boss fights- I’ve played them my entire life- And when people are using strategies like THIS- it’s more of a problem with the fight being no fun then it is anything else.

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well this will be patched in next update.

But realistically speaking… wouldnt the easiest way to kill bee queen be to burn off her wings so she can’t fly?

Dont Starve Together has these bosses… but these bosses are mostly just boring to the point people are using THINGS LIKE THIS TO FIGHT THEM

I tore Marvels Avengers apart in a post I made the other night about how bad it was in design choices, but if there’s one thing Avengers got right- It was having Bosses that had weak points you could damage or destroy first to make the fight a little easier

(if there’s a robot tank shooting at you that has tons of health, killing all its little guns first before fighting the tank is only logical)

I think ALL of Klei’s bosses could use an Overhaul- and maybe Avengers isn’t the best example…

But the TL:DR- Deal enough damage to Bee-Queens wings to render her flight ineffective.

As much as you guys seem to think I have no right to talk about boss fights- I’ve played them my entire life- And when people are using strategies like THIS- it’s more of a problem with the fight being no fun then it is anything else.

agreed, though what you said about weakness remind me of crossfire, a very popular game in China a few years ago.

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Bee queen already has this. You can kill her grumble bees to temporarily make the fight easier, or just tank through them. Or at least that’s how I assume it was supposed to go on paper; currently neither of those options are worth doing solo and you’d be best off just cheesing her.

Archived