[Game Update] - 481192

• Developer

Beta Hotfix

• Fixed a bug where Freeze Rounds would crash the server when extinguishing a fire
  • Fixed an auto-pause bug when using controller-style crafting
  • Fixed a bug allowing the lazy forager to pick up spiders.
  • Structures can now be built on the flooring of the Distilled Knowledge puzzle.
  • Knobby trees no longer become Treeguards.
  • Mod bug fix: The Ancient Guardian’s StateGraph’s name no longer conflicts with the Clockwork Rook’s StateGraph.

View full update

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Ah, no cookbook changes I see ;-;

Also Knobby trees became treeguards before?!! How, why when omg xD I do like the idea of a naval treeguard but can't imagine how it even transformed or moved on the sea before.

Looks like that spider thief youtuber is a genuine DST influencer at this point, with Klei devs so quick to fix the bugs he finds and toys around with 

Edited by SinancoTheBest
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 3

2 hours ago, HellHeater said:

deconstucting bone armor didnt change too

The heck with bone armor- I’m still quite disappointed they haven’t increased the drop rate for Cookie Cutter Shells that sounds like a thing that really should’ve been part of a QoL update.

Not to mention they didn’t added the newer Water-Logged stuff to world Gen settings.. I was really wanting to mess with those!

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kur0u said:

Whatever dev thinks is balance > whatever you people want. Facts.

What does this has to do with this update?

This was a hotfix for bugs of the base game, and thus of the beta, not a hotfix for changes for this month's update.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The heck with bone armor- I’m still quite disappointed they haven’t increased the drop rate for Cookie Cutter Shells that sounds like a thing that really should’ve been part of a QoL update.

Do they really need to increase it? 25% chance mirrors the pigskin drop nicely and they are a common drop from sea treasures, thus you end up overflowing with cookie cutter shells, which are only used in helmets  and special lures after constructing Hermit Crab's house to level one. You typically murder cookie cutters in large quantities anyway and their one monster meat drop per kill is pretty amazing, more than enough to feed an entire crew- and you have to murder them anytime you want to collect salt.

The only time you actually feel some rarity of it is when trying to get 10 shells for building the house, in which you typically end up killing all the cookie cutters in a salt formation and wait for them to spawn again- or travel to a second salt formation. I think it is a good rarity as it is supposed to be a mission- and overall I wouldn't rate it harder or more tedious than getting 10 boards.

Overall, as a frequent seafarer, I never felt the shortage of cookie cutter shells despite making many cookie cutter caps for myself and my crew, the hat's high durability makes it last quite a long time anyway. I think the drop rate is in an alright position and the proposals to increase it mostly come from not engaging much with the seafaring content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

21 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Fixed a bug allowing the lazy forager to pick up spiders.

I was kind of on the side of don't fix this because it's pretty cool for non-Webbers. 

But on a personal note, man I appreciate this. Riding through the world on my boofalo using the refuelable LF mod to clean up stray scattered items, only to find my inventory getting packed with buddy spiders and sleepy spiders. That was a wee bit annoying. 

• Like 1