Birds messing up kiting patterns

Does anyone else suffer from rogue birds deciding to land close to you in the middle of a battle causing your character to try to aggro on them instead of the very angry monster trying to bite your face off? It's not the most common occurrence but it does make me die inside a bit whenever it happens.
Making Birds untargetable by melee weapons would fix the problem for most combats situations except when playing as Walter.
This really isn't that big of an issue but having it "fixed" would be really cool.

38 minutes ago, Guihhza said:

Does anyone else suffer from rogue birds deciding to land close to you in the middle of a battle causing your character to try to aggro on them instead of the very angry monster trying to bite your face off?

no

Holding the F key by itself will auto target any hostile enemies, while Ctrl + F will auto target hostile + neutral enemies. If you are using Ctrl F, try and get into the habit of using just F and you won't be attacking those birds (and any other neutral creatures) anymore!

46 minutes ago, Walk the Plank said:

Holding the F key by itself will auto target any hostile enemies, while Ctrl + F will auto target hostile + neutral enemies. If you are using Ctrl F, try and get into the habit of using just F and you won't be attacking those birds (and any other neutral creatures) anymore!

but if you want to hit the closest one is easier by doing Ctrl+F

as wanda i notice this a lot because of her range

Its annoying when I'm running and suddenly I backtrack some because a bird flew up and its x/y position is behind me but its z put it in my click zone.  Usually happens when I'm running while bringing the map up to make sure I'm going the right way, especially when I'm running from bosses / terror beaks etc.

I don't know about Birds, but Walls.. oh dear! You stand beside a pen mushing in peace some Werepig under the gentle pale Moonlight; it drops deader than a rock at bottom of river, so you want to pass and caress the next lunatic furry with Bat between its eyes - yet accidentally press CTRL+F. Ye and behold, your character madly goes for the most despicable enemies of all: the damn Wall! I reckon Walls are more sneaky of foes than anything else, seeing they got attack priority 1 in relation to everything else that wants you belly-up in Constant. Maybe KLei will revisit this aspect in not-so-distant future, pls?! Since, to this day, none of my deaths were via a direct knife-goes-in-guts-go-out from Wall's side. Not even got mugged once by them Walls! Hence I don't see why they got such bad rep to deserve highest attack priority in game. Maybe's just me, and haven't yet got on the bad side of Walls, eh?

Moose is a fun fight, or at least it would be, but it ends up being the worst fight because goose is a "peaceful" creature so it doesn't like being targeted by F on its own. If you hold control F the targeting works until a random bird decides to troll you, and if you don't hold control I don't remember exactly what happens since I always hold control but I think it either never targets moose or it will stop targeting goose periodically.

They are a bird, though, so it makes sense that their smaller cousins would come to their aid.

I don't know if this applies to DST as well, but the F+Ctrl storage recently messed with me a lot in singleplayer DS. Once you hit something with F+Ctrl, you can also target it with F only for some time, meaning your character WILL absolutely hit it instead of the hostile mob in front of you, if it happens to be a micrometer closer to you.

I repeatedly beat up poor Baggims while I tried to target the fricking mosquito going for him. I apologized, killed the mosquito by click-attacking and thought, everything was fine, BUT NO, when I later wanted to attack a shadow with F, the game still remembered that I had hit Baggims before and was like "oh you like birb violence, got it!", so I smacked him AGAIN instead of the shadow which than smacked me...

Archived