Should "Passage of time" list your actual cause of death?

Should "Passage of time" list your actual cause of death?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Should "Passage of time" list your actual cause of death?

• Yes, I want to see what killed me.
    • No, I like to hide my real cause of death.
    • I don't know / I don't have Wanda.

YES 100% not just for personal preferences but so when I see a Wanda Die I KNOW what killed her.

”Deerclops has cut Wanda’s time short” etc..

It informs ME what she died to and gives ME a rough idea of where to go revive her if she needs help being revived.. “Wanda didn’t pay attention to her time & ran out of it in Total Darkness”

I think the death message is for lore reasons.

As per her quotes, Wanda has made a deal with the shadow entity but is trying to not fufill her end of the deal by literally reversing where in time she is.

Everytime she used her powers, it results in her getting older, as you can see during the animation where a shadow hand goes over her for every stage of life.

So when she dies due to the passage of time cause she got old, she's presumably taken by the shadow entity, given the fact that no skeleton drops upon death.

I guess they just kept the theme going, even with how the mechanic has been implemented in-game.

im pretty sure wanda has invulnerability to everything but time, so no the way it works currently is pretty spot on.

multiplayer wise the obituary isn't really that important. Consider it a small downside if you really want to.

14 minutes ago, Horsheen said:

I kinda like how it is, though I can see why people would prefer it changed

Agreed, i find it neat & it's cool for lore but sometimes you can die and not know what actually killed you...it would be cool to know.

Maybe the morgue could list the true cause of death

What's up with the people saying it should stay like this for lore because "Umm, technically, she died of old age, not of getting hit"? Should everyone else's death messages also be changed? Wanda dies from the passage of time, everyone else dies from organ failure. Why even have the obituary, don't need it!

3 hours ago, lakhnish said:

I think the death message is for lore reasons.

I think the death message on the character who released without any sound effects for any of her emotes is because it's easier to just have one death message instead of create a system that keeps track of what the most recent source of damage was.

2 hours ago, TabbyCollector said:

Agreed, i find it neat & it's cool for lore but sometimes you can die and not know what actually killed you...it would be cool to know.

Maybe the morgue could list the true cause of death

Yeah.. but is a Wanda thats death message reads as “died to passage of time” going to tell You, who are not playing as Wanda: What that Wanda died to?

For example if your down in caves getting some sweet sweet caves loot, and you see Wanda has died to passage of time, how the heck is that going to warn YOU that there’s currently a Deerclops up stairs right now absolutely wrecking your base?

Seeing what other players have died to isn’t just so you can laugh at the screen when it reads as “Wolfgang died to Red Cap” it’s literally so you have a general idea of where & how someone died.

They should keep the time puns intact- 

but it should say something along the lines of: “Wanda ran out of Time while being chased by Firehound.”

25 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

What's up with the people saying it should stay like this for lore because "Umm, technically, she died of old age, not of getting hit"?

I just said why I thought they did it this way, others have made great suggestions like what @Starlogy wrote above. No need to be so rude about it. 

The passage of time thing really has brought up how primitive the Obituaries are.
The top three "Most Killed By" has been taken over Passage of Time even though my time playing Wanda is so small compared to my total game playtime. There's ways to solve that issue, but until then we don't even have a way to reset this stat tracking.
Also, the detailed list of deaths only cares to log the deaths of your character with most days survived. For someone like me who prefers multiplayer but also keeps a solo world to go back to it gets clogged up by stupid Day 2000+ deaths. I'd prefer to only and always see my most recent, but adding sorting options in a QoL pass would be the best thign to do.

1 hour ago, -Kiyo- said:

There's ways to solve that issue, but until then we don't even have a way to reset this stat tracking.
Also, the detailed list of deaths only cares to log the deaths of your character with most days survived. For someone like me who prefers multiplayer but also keeps a solo world to go back to it gets clogged up by stupid Day 2000+ deaths. I'd prefer to only and always see my most recent, but adding sorting options in a QoL pass would be the best thign to do.

If you're on PC you can reset the obituaries.

ErasePersistentString("morgue")

I do this every so often so I can see my more reset play reflected.

Not that this helps with the Wanda situation...

I'm definitely in favor of seeing the real reasons Wanda passed, but its not something I'd list as a priority.

Archived