Another ask for Día de los Muertos Halloween Event

My main concern is that the theme of Día de los Muertos could be difficult to implement considering the universe the game is set on.

The tradition involves to mark a trail of flowers to an altar or a tombstone for food and other goods for our loved ones who are in the afterlife, this already clashes with the Constant where whenever someone dies they become a ghost so they are unable to go to the afterlife, same with Abigail.

I guess it could work for ghost mobs and pipspooks who are implied they can go to an afterlife but the survivors don't have a sentimental connection with the ghosts or even know who they are, with the exeption of Maxwell.

I think the idea of the survivors doing a gesture for the ghosts as an event is interesting but it seems a bit separeted from the Día de los Muertos tradition.

1 hour ago, Just-guy said:

My main concern is that the theme of Día de los Muertos could be difficult to implement considering the universe the game is set on.

The tradition involves to mark a trail of flowers to an altar or a tombstone for food and other goods for our loved ones who are in the afterlife, this already clashes with the Constant where whenever someone dies they become a ghost so they are unable to go to the afterlife, same with Abigail.

I guess it could work for ghost mobs and pipspooks who are implied they can go to an afterlife but the survivors don't have a sentimental connection with the ghosts or even know who they are, with the exeption of Maxwell.

I think the idea of the survivors doing a gesture for the ghosts as an event is interesting but it seems a bit separeted from the Día de los Muertos tradition.

??
I think you are getting lost in the details of the irl event. The idea is to implement the things that work well with the game and I think no Latina like me expects a 100% irl representation of everything but just the inspiration to introduce it in the game.

Archived