Lets talk about getting hit by monster will lose Time Meter value, I think it's a total design flaw

Meh buffing yourself to that point is optional. I doubt most players will even play elderly mode or worry about optimal dmg when she is already so good at middle-age for casual players.
Requires another character coop (where combat is already trivial since everything dies so fast in group play)
Requires portal swapping solo and the player to farm crops/goats, the time spent gearing up to cheese something as a buffed Wolf or Wanda could be spent killing the same boss twice over with other less extreme methods (assuming you have their respawn set to very fast). That sounds fair to me tbh if you want to waste like an hour in solo gearing for a goat jelly cheese shesh then go for it. Some people just don't like combat and don't play dst for combat so there's that to consider, those people just want the boss loot and to say they killed it once and there's nothing wrong with having the option to cheese. At the end of the day it's up to the player to decide how much they want to break the experience.

OP, is a mechanic. Time Meter is essentially Health Meter in another package of increments and with a particular "HP" replenisher. Offers a bit of variety. Likewise we already have a recent Sanity-management-centered character, namely Walter. Wait till tomorrow and see how she actually fairs the pubs' hectic environment for a proper first-hand assessment - since is a multiplayer in the end, and lag plus rubberband will make a very big difference in her back-time invincibility kite gimmick; there's a reason for seeing Wortoxes in such small numbers in dedicated servers (aside it being behind a pay/spools wall): is very hard to replicate that on >100 ping servers. I reckon same will be for Wanda's time backtrack shenanigan, for example. Not to mention costs for her advanced items and inventory management required - things vast majority of newbie-to-medium players have a very hard time grasping - go in pubs to see how bulk player-base fairs in general, and you'll have a more holistic view. For now, yes, purely by numerical stats in ideal conditions she is OP compared to rest of the cast. Yet there are multiple factors to account at the end.

23 minutes ago, Purple Squirtle said:

You might not be aware but Wanda cannot heal/get younger by healing foods, jellybeans, or even healing salve & honey poultice... So changing it to a HP meter would indicate she could do that, which would be wrong. So it's not the same as "hp with a skin" 

THIS people would think “oh I can just eat Pierogi and Heal”- NOPE :lol:

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

THIS people would think “oh I can just eat Pierogi and Heal”- NOPE :lol:

it's still the same , bro, Wormwood Health Meter SKIN, what's the difference. 

3 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

OP, is a mechanic. Time Meter is essentially Health Meter in another package of increments and with a particular "HP" replenisher. Offers a bit of variety. Likewise we already have a recent Sanity-management-centered character, namely Walter. Wait till tomorrow and see how she actually fairs the pubs' hectic environment for a proper first-hand assessment - since is a multiplayer in the end, and lag plus rubberband will make a very big difference in her back-time invincibility kite gimmick; there's a reason for seeing Wortoxes in such small numbers in dedicated servers (aside it being behind a pay/spools wall): is very hard to replicate that on >100 ping servers. I reckon same will be for Wanda's time backtrack shenanigan, for example. Not to mention costs for her advanced items and inventory management required - things vast majority of newbie-to-medium players have a very hard time grasping - go in pubs to see how bulk player-base fairs in general, and you'll have a more holistic view. For now, yes, purely by numerical stats in ideal conditions she is OP compared to rest of the cast. Yet there are multiple factors to account at the end.

manage the health decrease rate is gonna be different from Walter, in the first suggestion, it's not very ideal, i was just saying, making it more of a Time meter instead of a health meter.

In the second suggestion, I think it's clear that getting hit is still detrimental to Wanda. since the clock will tick faster, so she can be a Rate-management-centered character, not Health-management-centered. we already have a Wormwood that's a Health-management-centered character.

2 minutes ago, Milllk said:

it's still the same , bro, Wormwood Health Meter SKIN, what's the difference. 

The difference is her entire theme is based on Clocks, so her health is represented by a clock, restored by a clock etc- The difference is ALSO that UNLIKE Wormwood who could heal by every traditional healing method known to man outside of eating food.. (healing tab, sleeping in tents, smearing himself in manures etc..) 

WANDA can ONLY to the best of my knowledge restore her health with her clocks.. meaning Food, Tents, The Entire healing tab etc will be useless to her.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The difference is her entire theme is based on Clocks, so her health is represented by a clock, restored by a clock etc- The difference is ALSO that UNLIKE Wormwood who could heal by every traditional healing method known to man outside of eating food.. (healing tab, sleeping in tents, smearing himself in manures etc..) 

WANDA can ONLY to the best of my knowledge restore her health with her clocks.. meaning Food, Tents, The Entire healing tab etc will be useless to her.

that make sense, i agree,  it's really a different health meter, but im still not convinced in "a boy got hit by a  car , then he is a mature man now", how come by getting hit, time will progress by some amount?

ticking the clock in a short period while being hit is unreal. feels like a health meter.

3 minutes ago, Milllk said:

that make sense, i agree,  it's really a different health meter, but im still not convinced in "a boy got hit by a  car , then he is a mature man now", how come by getting hit, time will progress by some amount?

Maybe it will be explain in the animated short.

4 minutes ago, kuroite said:

Maybe it will be explain in the animated short.

in the second suggestion, it's more of a " a boy got hit by a car, he is really damaged, he recovers slower , his cells aging faster , he will look like an old man if these damages are not treated"

normally this boy would still age, but by getting hit, makes him more vulnerable , and age faster, i think that make more sense to me.

"a boy got hit by a  car , he soon became a mature man" , i dont think that make sense.

If the boy got hit by a car and sent into a 20 year coma he would wake up an older man.

You can’t expect a game of science and Magic to make any logical real world sense, But from my own head canon I would assume that when she takes damages the clocks in her hand/inventory “jumps” through time.

Which is literally why she can build her own wormhole portals because they’re not wormholes but rather temporary rifts through time itself.

I ALSO don’t expect her animated short to reveal much about her gameplay because no other characters has ever done that.

47 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If the boy got hit by a car and sent into a 20 year coma he would wake up an older man.

You can’t expect a game of science and Magic to make any logical real world sense, But from my own head canon I would assume that when she takes damages the clocks in her hand/inventory “jumps” through time.

Which is literally why she can build her own wormhole portals because they’re not wormholes but rather temporary rifts through time itself.

I ALSO don’t expect her animated short to reveal much about her gameplay because no other characters has ever done that.

Right, Magic explains anything, that's convenient. code doesn't need to change, convenient, number system is way too complex if we do it this way, we will just stay the way they are, we don't have to listen to the player and just publish the game, convenient.

There's an animation while getting hit showing that dev is already aware of this SKIN is different from a health meter. so, maybe it will just stay this way, New version Wormwood. Wormda! actually , i don't even care,why would anyone take their time to talk about this? after all, i just want to point out the most pronounced makes-no-sense feature .

10 hours ago, Lord Cafe said:

No no no please NO!

Wanda it's high risk / high reward character but at the same time you can play with her always youngwhich is low risk / normal reward so she's perfect balanced, experienced players can play always old and get more benefits while beginners can play young.

She has amazing powers but SHE NEED some negatives effects to be balanced nobody would like her if she was win / win in every aspect, you MUST BE PUNISHED if you're taking hits with her, taking damage reduce your youth that means you have less power to rewind and other things like that but you get damage boost since you're getting old but at the same time playing low life means more chance to DIE and most of the player base already think DST is a hard game so you'll not see thousands of Wanda players playing low health just to deal massive damage, if you want massive damage just pick wolfgang and eat some meatballs and you get double damage, double speed and almost double health with no downsides. 

So it's very simple to understand the ideia behind her youth bar the flaw it's in your vision about it i'm game designer and if wanda just had a normal health bar she would be boring and opressing, she would be almost broken as wolfgang is, so PLEASE NO!! don't ask Klei to remove this new mechanic. Klei always listen to weird sugestions from people so please no. she's fine and balanced some people say already that she's OP but she's only look overpowered to the players which don't know enough about the game and always think they can do easily on everything so there's no "downsides". 

Not trying to sound rude my english it's just bad and sometimes sound like that. Sorry

Cheers.

dont be so hysteric , have some logic, i dont see your reasoning, of course u will be punished by taking a hit from monster, i never said she won't,  now, what games have u designed? i wanna take a look, u think im a weirdo? of course i'm a weirdo! why wouldn't i be? 

after watching the video again. all the explanations about this still hold. until someone convince me.

3 hours ago, Keller Max said:

Wolfgang can have almost the same damage, but without the risk of dying.

In reallity wolfgang can deal more than 650dmg with spicy, volty and eletrical darts, me and my friend killed DF in less than 30s shooting eletrical darts at her. 

6 hours ago, Keller Max said:

Wolfgang can have almost the same damage, but without the risk of dying.

I really wish people would stop comparing characters to Wolfgang- Friendly reminder that Wolfgang is one of the 5 remaining characters who have NOT been Reworked yet.

Klei is very much aware of how broken Wolfgang is at the Moment: But how do they bring him down a peg without stripping him of his identity? They’re doing the wise thing and waiting to come up with something good for him.

Ahem However- Let me remind you that WICKERBOTTOM is also one of those characters who have yet to be reworked and She actually had her abilities nerfed into two different books and reduced amount of things on screen her books effect She got a NERF before a Refresh..

Pretty Certain Wolfgang is on the chopping block at some point… And as a Wendy main I think a good Nerf for him would be “Fear of Ghosts” meaning Abigails damage buff doesn’t Apply for Wolfgang players.

Yeah yeah yeah I know this thread isn’t about Wolfgang, But you can’t go comparing a new DLC character to someone who like Wicker, could see Nerfs when Klei feels they want to Nerf him.

Because Wanda has to be close to death to deal Max damage AND her health drops passively over time I feel like it will be easy for players to “forget” they need to rewind her age clock and even if they kite out of the way of taking hits from the enemy… getting free TIME “Ironically” to interact with her Clocks will be a core part of her gameplay.

Archived