what happens to my skins when i merge accounts ?

i have a ps4 account and i have a steam account if i merge them will i get all of my skins accessible on both platforms? maybe potentiallly doubles if i own the same skin on both to be potentially unraaveled into spools? i know i own some skins on my ps4 account i dont own on steam and vice versa it would be pretty cool if they became accessible on both platforms anyone know how this works?

7 hours ago, Chea-k-hole said:

i have a ps4 account and i have a steam account if i merge them will i get all of my skins accessible on both platforms? maybe potentiallly doubles if i own the same skin on both to be potentially unraaveled into spools? i know i own some skins on my ps4 account i dont own on steam and vice versa it would be pretty cool if they became accessible on both platforms anyone know how this works? 

it would be cool if skin progress was cross platform even if we couldn't play cross platform i mean say i play on 2 platforms and i get a proof of purchase skin i have to choose which game i have it in which is a hard decision sometimes 

On 8/16/2021 at 6:29 PM, prettynuggets said:

i dont think that would work . buying skin from specific platform means u got to pay klei as game developer and steam as video game distribution service , which mean u cant simply move stuff u buy from different store even they work with same company.

CMIIW

i dont see why not its a klei product not a psn product or a steam product who cares who middleman's it for klei i mean there are games that are cross platform out there that you can buy skins that are useable on all platforms and even play cross platform and i feel like all actual good game companies try to push the whole cross platform thing so in my option this not being a thing yet is a sign to me that klei is becoming a dinosaur they keep tryng to release new content updates to try to keep the game relevant but i think the real issue of why they cant make it cross platform is they have console commands on 1 and no console commands on the others even if it was a contract thing they could remedy that by waiting for the contract to be up and time to renew a new contract but i wont hold my breath

i heard some console game can cross to other console platform . do u have any info any steam game can do the same? 

i have no idea regarding  those matter as  well its just my opinion. since most of my game played in steam . 

but maybe because when u play in steam u only meet with steam player ? u cant join to PS world nor TGP/WeGame servers. 

20 hours ago, Chea-k-hole said:

why they cant make it cross platform is they have console commands on 1 and no console commands on the others even if it was a contract thing they could remedy that by waiting for the contract to be up and time to renew a new contract but i wont hold my breath

i dont think its that simple .
u know how the release of new patch always different between steam and console player ?
also console player has always been in 64 Bit and steam player just got it now .

i dont really blame klei on doing this, they need to make money . regarding any reason behind it u can spool daily drop to get skin u want its pretty generous act already ...

maybe someday they will release cross platform server so u console player wont be lonely so u dont need to change platform to find another player to play 

On 8/22/2021 at 6:44 AM, prettynuggets said:

i heard some console game can cross to other console platform . do u have any info any steam game can do the same? 

i have no idea regarding  those matter as  well its just my opinion. since most of my game played in steam . 

but maybe because when u play in steam u only meet with steam player ? u cant join to PS world nor TGP/WeGame servers. 

i dont think its that simple .
u know how the release of new patch always different between steam and console player ?
also console player has always been in 64 Bit and steam player just got it now .

i dont really blame klei on doing this, they need to make money . regarding any reason behind it u can spool daily drop to get skin u want its pretty generous act already ...

maybe someday they will release cross platform server so u console player wont be lonely so u dont need to change platform to find another player to play 

i mean i have skins that are old skins that you cant ravel i wish i could do a 1 time transfer of at least the un weaveables onto one platform i mean id be willing to pay for this service like say 50 bucks or something would seem reasonable to get a 1 time all skin transfer id even be ok with  deleting one of my accounts completely to merge the skins onto 1 platform i mean id PAY for this service and im sure others would aswell if klei's higher ups have not already talked about this they probably should because there loseing potential money by not offering a service like this and i mean there a business right so shouldent klei want more ways for me to spend more of my money so they make more profits thats how a business works right?

23 hours ago, minespatch said:

I saw a Knowledgehub/Whimsu video that showed that Sony was greedy and doesn't like crossplay since they want exclusivity. :wilsondisappointed:

Reveal hidden contents

i mean i wouldent be buying a new product really its more of a service so i dont see why i couldent do this stright up on kleis rewards page and cut out the middle man or something i just think the whole non option to merge or transfer skins is pretty silly when klei could be takeing my money .............. dont you want more of my money klei?

8 hours ago, Chea-k-hole said:

cut out the middle man or something

8 hours ago, Chea-k-hole said:

Sony was greedy and doesn't like crossplay

as minespatch stated before its more likely that its not Klei who decide where is it possible to transfer skin or not. 

and i wonder which game u think can do crossplatform skin from steam to any console game probably if u can state some i can search why its possible to anyother game but not DST. :wilson_vforvictory:

literally every single cross platform game how about the biggest cross platform game out there fortnight ..... honestly this is a dying game as is the number of people that ive noticed join in on public games seems to be lower and lower as time progresses and a sad fact is that games that have versions of itself on multiple platforms that are not cross play just roll over and die eventually a certain platform will be a ghost town and the rest will follow suit all im saying is if klei was smart they would rework there contracts and make it happen i mean the reworks and updates are a nice touch to try to keep people interested and coming back but that can only go so far the future is cross compatibility and cross play theres no arguing that 

1 hour ago, Chea-k-hole said:

literally every single cross platform game how about the biggest cross platform game out there fortnight ..... honestly this is a dying game as is the number of people that ive noticed join in on public games seems to be lower and lower as time progresses and a sad fact is that games that have versions of itself on multiple platforms that are not cross play just roll over and die eventually a certain platform will be a ghost town and the rest will follow suit all im saying is if klei was smart they would rework there contracts and make it happen i mean the reworks and updates are a nice touch to try to keep people interested and coming back but that can only go so far the future is cross compatibility and cross play theres no arguing that 

The game definitely isn't dying.

Untitled.png.5b9f616b4a9f2c9bba97ddaa050355ea.png

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Do you work in the game industry and know how these contracts work? Elucidate me.

the game owners typically pay a lump sum to the platforms then they are able to make cross play contracts to the best of my knowledge anyway and then they get there money back in a short time after so like i would guess they would make updates with dlcs and buyable content skins ect and hold them back while there working out this contract then after they get it locked in they release this stuff they have been holding back to give them a boom and pay some money spent to initially make it happen then they would advertise there game like its brand new basically just coining the whole cross play thing to bring back old players and gain new ones that will spend money on the game itself and the new stuff available and the lifespan of the game will expand drastically with the whole anyone can now play with anyone thing seems to be working great for other companies that have already done it i mean there's a saying you have to spend money to make money and there's no doubt in my mind that that's how this works now if the gains already made by klei compared to the potential gains in the long run pan out for klei to do this or not i have no clue im assuming the ps4 bribe payoff would be like a million dollars maybe more to achieve this initial payoff then most likely about the same amount to advertise so i don't know if klei has the capital to be able to do something like this or is willing to but i do know if they did do it there game would have more players and it would last longer assuming they keep adding updates and stuff to the store to keep making money and keep the players interested in the game so they would make more money over all all im saying is it would be great if klei made the game cross platform in any way initially i was just talking the skins but i kind of drifted into complete crossplay if players on any platform could enjoy this great game together it would be amazing i have friends that play on steam and i have friends that play on ps4 its a shame i cant play with all of them in the same game and i mean the titans of the video game world all have cross platform play and there making loads of cash that's why im thinking if klei hasn't talked about this already and crunched the numbers they should definitely at least look into it 

@Chea-k-hole I don't think it's Klei being stupid or greedy that's keeping them from making the game crossplay. I bet you that nearly every indie game developer would opt to crossplay on their game if it was possible, but it just isn't possible for every game to have crossplay. Just an example, PC has integrated mod support, Consoles can't have mods. Having mods so integrated with the PC is likely keeping crossplay from happening in the first place. There are probably other reasons also keeping Don't Starve Together from reaching crossplay that I can't think of right now though.

5 hours ago, Snugrugbug said:

The game definitely isn't dying.

Untitled.png.5b9f616b4a9f2c9bba97ddaa050355ea.png

can you show me the chart from 2016 to now?  i can see the boom during event season halloween and chrismas i would always think thats kleis top charting months june i can see becuase of the webber rework not sure what happened in may what was released then anyone know? possiblly people hopping back on to break off the rust for the webber rework?

1 minute ago, SomebodyRandom said:

@Chea-k-hole I don't think it's Klei being stupid or greedy that's keeping them from making the game crossplay. I bet you that nearly every indie game developer would opt to crossplay on their game if it was possible, but it just isn't possible for every game to have crossplay. Just an example, PC has integrated mod support, Consoles can't have mods. Having mods so integrated with the PC is likely keeping crossplay from happening in the first place. There are probably other reasons also keeping Don't Starve Together from reaching crossplay that I can't think of right now though.

the mods itself kind of seems like a way that klei is already capitalizing  upon i mean if a mod is super popular it seems like klei trys to implement its general use into the game for example the celestal champion crown can make mushlights stay on forever when its pieces are added to them and the eternal glowcap mushlight mod or theres renewable fireflies mods now the oasis generates them but thats just speculation maybe its a coincidence that i see some of the "quality of life updates" do some of the same things that some of the mods do even if you have to earn it or not and im not a programmer but i dont see why they wouldn't be able to add console to consoles if they have a keyboard connected to it because consoles do support keyboards but i get it there kinda differentand if thats not possible to do i dont see why there couldn't be a option in the settins menu to enable cross play or steam play only or ps4 only ect when you launch a game some cross play games already do that 

1 hour ago, Chea-k-hole said:

can you show me the chart from 2016 to now?  i can see the boom during event season halloween and chrismas i would always think thats kleis top charting months june i can see becuase of the webber rework not sure what happened in may what was released then anyone know? possiblly people hopping back on to break off the rust for the webber rework?

certainly

Untitled.png.91b634159b1fd6128f09787a818f53b9.png

Edit: The thing that happened in May was most likely the RoT finale, the webber rework happened in June

Archived