Regarding the Waterlogged update, do I need to create a new world?

What Spino said. But if ur unlucky with the retrofitting like me the new biome can spawn in the deep ocean on the literal farrrrr edge of the map, like right next to the waterfalls/abyss :wilson_cry: while in new worlds they spawn in shallow water much closer to shores so not in the middle of rock jaw territory lol. 

in general i think its best to make a new world if ur not too invested in ur current one, retrofitting can never be perfect sadly :cry:

In my world before the update I already had the whole map revealed, and I assumed I would immediately see the new mangroves on them. However, I did not. Does this mean that the world did not retrofit, or that the mangroves are there but I have to go there to reveal them?

EDIT: I opened the world again, and the mangroves did not appear, but the light green patches of water did :D:D so that's solved.

4 hours ago, Roodmas said:

In my world before the update I already had the whole map revealed, and I assumed I would immediately see the new mangroves on them. However, I did not. Does this mean that the world did not retrofit, or that the mangroves are there but I have to go there to reveal them?

Whenever you retrofit the world, you gotta disconnect and rejoin the world for your map to update.

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

retrofits are always of lower quality or higher risk of problems than a brand new world. It's really not that much of a terrible idea to just start over.

Hmm i visited the new biome both in a new world and on my existing one.

Both look the same , didn't notice any differences or any issues with the generation or functionality of the biome whatsoever.

Or maybe i was just lucky.

Archived