What did I do wrong?

I was on a Klei official public server today. I picked Wolfgang. I said 'hi' to announce my presence, the response I got was one player saying 'no' (which I assumed at the time was in response to a question someone had asked before I joined). It was during spring. I noticed I was losing a ton on sanity, and that was because two players were dead. Soon after a third player died. I was the only remaining player who was alive. I saw all three ghost players in the distance. They started to circle around me, ominously. I said 'u want revive?', 20 seconds pass, no response. I then said 'speak'. Instantly a pop up appeared taking a poll of whether I should be kicked or not. I tried to respond in chat by saying I would revive them but I had already been kicked. I tries to re-join the server but it said I had been kicked (which was weird as I thought that you could rejoin servers you had been kicked from).

So my question is, what did I do wrong? Did I say or do something that is against the unspoken rules of the public server? I am asking because I do not wish to repeat this situation.

well the only thing i could think of is that they wanted to reset the server make a fresh start i guess have you pressed TAP to see how many days they were there? could of helped more to understand but yes they realy could have just sayd to you to alsol die and reset instead of not makin any sounds and just kick

1 hour ago, rogi-wind said:

I tries to re-join the server but it said I had been kicked (which was weird as I thought that you could rejoin servers you had been kicked from).

There's a 15 minute cooldown after being kicked from a server.

A lot of problems and less enjoyable experiences are a result of poor or lack of communication. When you ask people something or tell them something, it would be so nice to just receive an answer or a response rather than radio silence. 

Not only is it practical, but it also shows some friendliness. I always make it an effort to greet people whenever they join a server I'm in (usually with "hello hello" :wilson_laugh:) and respond to things I don't know. Although, something to consider is that other ppl in the server may either not speak English or may be afk.

20 minutes ago, fierysage1 said:

A lot of problems and less enjoyable experiences are a result of poor or lack of communication. When you ask people something or tell them something, it would be so nice to just receive an answer or a response rather than radio silence. 

Not only is it practical, but it also shows some friendliness. I always make it an effort to greet people whenever they join a server I'm in (usually with "hello hello" :wilson_laugh:) and respond to things I don't know. Although, something to consider is that other ppl in the server may either not speak English or may be afk.

Some people like "Nomading" on public servers. I do it from time to time too.

(Not speak to anyone , survive on my own)

I kinda like when other people do it too. I love stumbling upon abandoned player camps / bases or their remains in middle of nowhere and occassionally leave "gifts" for others who might stumble upon these sites.

Griefers. Happens all the time. i have 4 accounts i know of saved an blocked of the main 4 that are griefers on steam. they change their names but since i have them blocked an they do the whole kick thing. i can share the steam profiles if ppl want me too. and i should share them to support

One possible and very-likely scenario, OP, is what Dr.Medic pointed at: that was a group of Steam friends wanting to reset server for a fresh start over basic "suicide" - being a Survival server (ghost draining sanity), when all players are dead, reset automatically occurs. The "no" part was for you joining when 2 were already dead and 1 in process of offing one-self, aka disrupting their plan by popping in server. Happens. You shouldn't take it personally or as a too-big-of-a-deal. From your end and as etiquette goes, you did nothing wrong. They just had the simple majority and opted to kick you out for their plan to work.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:06 PM, Dr.Medic said:

well the only thing i could think of is that they wanted to reset the server make a fresh start i guess have you pressed TAP to see how many days they were there? could of helped more to understand but yes they realy could have just sayd to you to alsol die and reset instead of not makin any sounds and just kick

This is exactly what came to my mind. I recently did this twice to dead servers to start fresh and had to cross my fingers for the 120 seconds hoping no one would join. Definitely bad communication on their part, but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. For all we know, they could've been trying to reset the world since the first person, who finally explained to the second, who then died, then the third joined, and they had to explain again... etc. Who knows!

I think you jinxed me.

I got kicked first time from a Official server.

Griefer who burned our base wasn't alone and vote kicked me off for trying to vote kick him.

I wonder tho how long a kick timer lasts? Cause i never was kicked before , griefed - yes many times but never kicked.

Archived