Why does the critter not fall trough the open door?

If I'm not mistaken, these are the mechanics implemented by the developers, and the critter will fall only when stuck in the door. For example, you can put a sensor that will see that the critter is in the door and close it

139680034_.thumb.png.f69f0f6eebdcb4205331560d52d07ec9.png

9 hours ago, oni_addict said:

Hi there,

I have attempted to build my own automated critter killer for meat production. The door is open, but the hatch doesn't fall trough. Why does that happen?

download (7).png

Doors are considered as platforms for critters to walk on much like how duplicants can use doors as platforms to walk on.

Either the Critter must jump into the pool himself or you must push him into it. Making the critter enter is easier. Just make sure to have only a tiny amount of liquid at the bottom and use a Mechanized Airlock instead. Closing off the pool with the door will cause any volume to take up the entire space and the critter will drown.

dtrydytr.png

On 8/15/2021 at 8:45 AM, Glassyfo said:

What ^ said. If you want to use it in a dedicated kill room than only one critter sensor is needed.

Ok, but why sensor in drowning chamber is green without any creatures in it?

And again, in this case you just need two sensors without any logic, one inside chamber "<1" and one outside "<N", as result door closes (signal became red) only if N or more creatures outside and one or more creatures inside

8 hours ago, Prince Mandor said:

Ok, but why sensor in drowning chamber is green without any creatures in it?

And again, in this case you just need two sensors without any logic, one inside chamber "<1" and one outside "<N", as result door closes (signal became red) only if N or more creatures outside and one or more creatures inside

Yea, I also think the and and not gates are not needed and complexify the design.

Here's how I would do it:

Critter Trap.png

I played with the the idea too. Older version I saw it can be done but newer version block it. Since the critter cannot fall in the water from open gates. I made a water room. It was crude in making but slow to kill. Basically made a room with a water vent in it and a mechanical door that locks for auto set up. Did not use critter senor for the crude room. I timed everything by watching to close the doors and lock them. once locked, I flipped the switch to have the room fill with water under drowned the critter. Turned the pump off, flip another switch to drop water back in holding area and have auto sweeper pick up the meat. This worked slowly for hatches, water flow was bit slow. Easier to do fish tank for meat and shells than hatch farm. Less work too.

room idea...........

Vent

side door

bottom door drop

Auto sweeper (storage drop)

open holding room for water

pump to vent

Critter walk in side door one or a few depends on room size. Auto switch to lock door trapping critters. turn pump on to fill room with vent. Once critters are  dead (filling water was very slow). Turn off pump. Open bottom door to drop meat and water into open holding room. Auto sweeper picks up meat and put into storage. Also had critter drop off station.

4 hours ago, Silverspeedy said:

room idea...........

pump to vent

You can use two doors instead of pump. Use buffer to make top door closes a bit later than bottom door, so water will be pushed up by one door, and then again by second door. Pushing water is nearly instant, so it is lot faster than pump

Archived