Why doesn't it work?

double check that the liquid pipe that's going through your first entry point is actually fully connected through to the liquid filter. I've run across this before where even though the individual pipe segments are built, i neglected to connect them properly, or some characteristic of the build makes them sometimes not register? I'm not sure, but in any case, just choose liquid pipe, run it across the three tiles in question, see if that makes the liquid flow. If not, then the individual pipe segments need to actually be built, so leave it alone and let it be built.

As you make sure the three ports are connected, you may need to deconstruct the shutoff to ensure the  the input and output are not connected together. This could also prevent liquid from flowing out of the liquid reservoir.

Or Klei could fix this layering issue that has been around for a long long time and we wouldn’t have to destroy buildings to see behind them.

Is this about the menu? If you click the copy build button, it does not open the menu properly. Open the menu manually once and reselect the pipe option. Then you can use it again. I don't know why that continues to happen.

Its a fluid separator i think. See the signs next to the storages? They tell you whats stored.

But it does not work... hard to tell from a single image. But i guess its because some pipes are not connected even if it looks that way. I run into this issue every now and then, and just by redrawing over the existing pipes, they will connect and the flow starts.

Archived