Door-pump: Show your designs

Here is mine. It follows my usual "dead simple" (a.k.a. "KISS") approach. But I am curious what others have come up with.

• Cycle-time is 24 seconds, 6 steps, full-interlock (doors only open after others are fully closed), not the fastest but good enough for almost everything 
  • Very compact
  • Can be stopped via switch, but you must use the switch in a "green" phase
  • And as always: Dead simple (Yes, some people do not get that idea. It is an advanced engineering concept and not accessible to everybody...)

Numbers are delays and cycle times in seconds:

compact_numbers.png.423811756fbcce91ec6e4bc99dc7c738.png

This is an old screenie from before timers were a thing, I've since replaced the buffer/NOT gate combo with a timer.
jUU7lRM.jpeg

Timer is set to 24 seconds red, 1 second green, atmo sensor to >17000g First buffer is set to 12 seconds, the others to 3 seconds and the filter gate to delay the opening of the last door ( just noticed that is also not in there ) to 11 seconds.

Hey all ! Great topic
Sorry to ask the obvious questions, but what are these designs for ? I get the automation, but the doors are to increase the pressure in one room by moving gas quickly ? I never used  this, it's quite clever

10 minutes ago, Hokaeru said:

Hey all ! Great topic
Sorry to ask the obvious questions, but what are these designs for ? I get the automation, but the doors are to increase the pressure in one room by moving gas quickly ? I never used  this, it's quite clever

its a power free gas moving one room to another, i would not call it fast but it works

its useful if you want store allot gas in tiny room

6 hours ago, Hokaeru said:

Hey all ! Great topic

It allows you to create very high pressure for compact storage, i.e. it is for "infinite" gas or liquid storage. The 6 tiles in my example can hold all the NatGas the geyser will ever be emitting. The conventional pump is to get it out. If you use 3 tile thick walls (or doors or apparently airflow-tiles), the same principle works for liquids. 

See also: 

there is one thing , this setup can be used also for liquid compression.

in below i try the make food farm tiles

tilemaker.thumb.png.29e816bdcc9d6f3794ae6aa238fed5b9.png

tilemaker.thumb.png.c17a12510b0df4e8de5a0e90c4da8b7e.png

not tested but if you mix multi doors with center door , it should compress faster, 3 doors is just minimum

Just for reference: Here is my liquid variant storing the output from a cold slush geyser at around 40t of brine per tile at the moment. The logic is the same, just packed a bit less compact. There are two pumps in there in case I have to get out more than one can supply. Modifying a high-pressure liquid chamber later on is a bit tricky. For gas you can just attach a regular liquid lock even with very high pressure in there.

fluid02.png.2118c95b6e4a8b32fa2909846e9790b6.pngfluid03.png.447836dc6a9c464dc3d2f7d84398db15.png

Archived