How to give spider plush a bath?

38 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

You could try lightly dampening a washcloth and dab the cloth on the plush. Works for me whenever I need to clean something (especially when I don't want to run the risk of rubbing it in).

I just tried picking of what I could and put it somewhere less dusty

• MOTD
5 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

they really should come with official cleaning instructions

The materials on our plushes are all pretty standard and safety tested sources. Typically you only provide washing instructions when the item requires unique washing care, like dry cleaning, or will be washed regularly like clothes.

If you remove the voice box, you can follow any general tips on plush care you find online. 

Something like the tips linked below would probably be fine. It sounds like your plush has simple dust on it, so I would suggest you wash by hand first before using a machine. I would also not fully dunk or submerge the plush right away until you try just wiping it. Sounds like it just needs a wipe down with a damp cloth. Hope that helps.

https://www.whirlpool.com/blog/washers-and-dryers/how-to-wash-stuffed-animals.html

20 hours ago, Corey said:

The materials on our plushes are all pretty standard and safety tested sources. Typically you only provide washing instructions when the item requires unique washing care, like dry cleaning, or will be washed regularly like clothes.

If you remove the voice box, you can follow any general tips on plush care you find online. 

Something like the tips linked below would probably be fine. It sounds like your plush has simple dust on it, so I would suggest you wash by hand first before using a machine. I would also not fully dunk or submerge the plush right away until you try just wiping it. Sounds like it just needs a wipe down with a damp cloth. Hope that helps.

https://www.whirlpool.com/blog/washers-and-dryers/how-to-wash-stuffed-animals.html

Would this also work for the glommer plush? My glommer buddy could do with a cleanup, he's been hugged alot >.<

1 hour ago, Terra B Welch said:

Would this also work for the glommer plush? My glommer buddy could do with a cleanup, he's been hugged alot >.<

I would assume so

21 hours ago, Corey said:

Main reason I ask is because the spider boy's arent like regular plush material and I worry about making them fray or mat 

The tag on my little guy just says "Surface washable in cold water, No bleach, Air Dry". These guys are very fluffy so I wouldn't risk any detergent lest it remove the dye from the fur. Just a wipe down and leaving it to dry should do the trick. The eyebone plush on the other hand is probably safer to wash since it's just plush material with very little faux fur.

Archived