Which crafted item/structure is the less useful?

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i wish i have screenshots and i didnt find anything in google but i will try to explain it

isnt accurate at all but i hope it shows how thermal measurer works

thermal.thumb.png.8d3316946258b42640c3500ea0f75170.png

when winter will start but isnt at 0º it means that you have arround 4-3 (if im not wrong, many weeks withoutplaying...) days before it starts, same with summer when the mercury is at top but not filling it so it works to know that you need to finish your autumn/spring stuff before the next season starts

also it tells you if the season is about to end because if you are in summer but you see that the mercury isnt filling the glass means that summer is about to end in few days and you wont have wildfires. In winter the same, if you see that the glass isnt totally empty means that you would need to pick up your eyebrella if you wanna go out of your base

i find using it way confortable and without the need of making calcs with the number of days or using mods (maybe because certain mobs people think that this is useless...)

A bit off topic, but this kind of brings up the question of where did the mercury come from? The gold? Is it even mercury?

41 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

A bit off topic, but this kind of brings up the question of where did the mercury come from? The gold? Is it even mercury?

Yes, according to Wagstaff:

Thermal Measurer- "Amazing! Gold has mercurial properties here."

I disagree 1000% with Thick Fur, I love the mechanics of collecting the 90 fur tufts and getting > THREE < Thick Fur. So, we have, Insulated Pack and Hibernation Vest (love both) for a lot of player in the next fall. The mechanics of getting the tufts I use are simple and quick: I hit Bearger with the walking cane and run away, gathering the tufts (he eventually left 1 and left 3 many times when he hits the ground, so it's really fast), in addition to who can use a green amulet to only need 45 fur turfs.

12 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

it would be cool if people use isulated pack hibernation fest more often ooor if we get a carpet

I'm playing with Wortox, actually, and hibernation vest makes him a god, because sanity can't be a problem for him anymore, so i use this vest for like all the seasons; so, i can eat easily the souls. The combo with a Tam o' Shanter is really great! I could say it works easily with other characters too, like Wickerbottom.

I agree with the guy who made the list that it could be less than 90 tufts, maybe 80, but not 30 like he suggested. The effort to get the tufts is very worthwhile, as it may only be necessary to do this once on a server, before getting through Klaus and other beargers, you probably won't have to do it again. When there are a lot of people on the server, I spend the second autumn (first appearance of the bearger) collecting the furs, I've managed to collect 270, it's not that difficult. I think a lot of people don't collect the item because they think it would only craft one Thick Fur, but there are three.

image.png.76f04a1c38aafef73d2535aa2c76cd4d.png

1 minute ago, Castiliano said:

I'm playing with Wortox, actually, and hibernation vest makes him a god, because sanity can't be a problem for him anymore, so i use this vest for like all the seasons; so, i can eat easily the souls. The combo with a Tam o' Shanter is really great

yes but you use 1 for that, later you will have an entire stack just by fighting klaus

27 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

yes but you use 1 for that, later you will have an entire stack just by fighting klaus

Yeah, but early game is nice to get a lot of them for everyone playing with us, and to get some insulated packs too, better than the normal backpack, before find some krampus sack. In my opinion, ofc.

For me and my friends, excluding the cosmetic stuff it's all of the magic related stuff is never used. Even when we make the magic station/crafting bench because we have the materials for it, it never gets used.

Archived