Do we have any clear evidence that the figure being pulled inside the portal is 100% Wagstaff?

This comes up again and again. The silhouette is a generic 'mystery' silhouette. That's not a direct representation of his hair.

IIRC there was a post by a dev on some social media site talking about the concept art of Wagstaff getting pulled it which 100% confirmed it.

Someone else can pull it up cus I'm om mobile atm.

48 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

A

22 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

19 minutes ago, GentlemanFridge said:

A

At least it was not a Webber post. Anyways, if we take a look at the 00:28th second of the trailer

we can see that silouette doesn't have a physical form. Portal is clearly made out of something that disintegrates the physical form of the person who enters the portal, so even we wouldn't be able to say it was or was not Wagstaff. I was not here when we got the Winona rework, and I didn't see the proof link before either. I was not going to assume it was someone else, but oh well, I took a nice slap to my face trying to prove something.

28 minutes ago, GentlemanFridge said:

How can it not be Wagstaff, though? It's his factory, his office. If not him, then who? It's clearly not WX, so that leaves Wagstaff as our only logical candidate.

Its obvious that it is Wagstaff from the future to warn Mr. Witherstones daughter to not let him give her future husband that teleportation gadget from Webbers short, so their son, and Wagstaffs own grandson, doesnt become a spider thus driving his uncle Woodie into an insane nomad lifestyle that prompts him to kill his wife with an axe.

The simple answer as to why his silhouette looks the way it does is because it's just a generic wavy silhouette, not meant to look like anyone in particular.
The complicated answer to why Wagstaff's silhouette looks the way it does in the trailer is because at the time of its release Wagstaff wasn't added into Don't Starve yet (Winona's short was released in March 2019, while Wagstaff was added to DSA in May.) So I'd imagine his design wasn't yet finalized, and the animators didn't want to commit to any design in the trailer only for it to become outdated. Easy solution: Just give him a generic silhouette. It lets the artists have freedom to change his design before finalizing, and also adds to the mystery of the (at the time, unseen) Wagstaff.

Archived