Spoiler

Except that quite often they don’t stop fighting even if you squeeze your lungs using the whistle…

But yeah I guess that’s probably it.

Although it sounds more like a passive mode you can set your spiders into where they won’t attack anything unless you tell them to, doesn’t it?

14 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Except that quite often they don’t stop fighting even if you squeeze your lungs using the whistle…

But yeah I guess that’s probably it.

Although it sounds more like a passive mode you can set your spiders into where they won’t attack anything unless you tell them to, doesn’t it?

it is, when you use the webby whistle spiders wont attack mobs until you tell them to

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Simple question, can someone explain to me what is the spider’s defensive stance, explained on the rework notes? I can’t figure it out yet.

From what I've heard today haven't tested since i haven't been on today they also won't eat meat off the ground or defend themselves in anyway while in defensive state.

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Simple question, can someone explain to me what is the spider’s defensive stance, explained on the rework notes? I can’t figure it out yet.

works the same way as the defensive stance of Wendy...

1. befriend the spiders
  2. attack something with them
  3. use whistle...
  4. spiders LEAVE with you
  5. Save them - win!

37 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Boo...

I really wanted this to be an ability where spider would brace themselves from incoming damage.

I was hoping they'd make a formation around Webber in defense mode! Maybe even organizing more "defensive" spiders at the outer border of the formation like cave spiders, and spitters would position themselves near the center of the formation since they're ranged. Oh well.

Archived