Not liking the DLC at all.

In terms of cooling and industrial machinery:

I always missed a machine which is half as strong as the Aquatuner... perhaps a new cooling building which works in combo with the radbolts or rather working with some new cool Klei invented method mechanic.

An vanilla dlc building which is 5 times as "powerful" as the aquatuner wouldn't be bad either and a great cooling addition in my opinion, perhaps also running via some new invented Klei game mechanic. 

In terms of anti cooling and fun: Spreading fires would be awesome - Would make emergency fans and pyromaniacs wet.

Need to find time to properly return with memes to the forum someday. :confused:

9 minutes ago, babba said:

In terms of cooling and industrial machinery:

I always missed a machine which is half as strong as the Aquatuner... perhaps a new cooling building which works in combo with the radbolts or rather working with some new cool Klei invented method mechanic.

An vanilla dlc building which is 5 times as "powerful" as the aquatuner wouldn't be bad either and a great cooling addition in my opinion, perhaps also running via some new invented Klei game mechanic. 

In terms of anti cooling and fun: Spreading fires would be awesome - Would make emergency fans and pyromaniacs wet.

Need to find time to properly return with memes to the forum someday. :confused:

I'm personally hoping we get a cooling focused critter in the game since we have a plant and multiple machines.

4 hours ago, crbd115 said:

I actually feel like its further away from realism. The current version is the equivalent of a pocket dimension and has a ton of exploits. The old one was just assume he's in there with a chair and a control panel. Sure the game acted as if he didn't exist and didn't really keep track of his food and bladder until he came back out but that could've been updated. They could've made it so we had to supply it with food and oxygen and they would slowly go down the same rate as duplicant consumption if there was a duplicant inside. Instead we got this. Which had a novelty at first but after the first few times it becomes tedious for a lot of people.

well this is a dlc after all, so players can explore something new what base game not have.

11 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

well this is a dlc after all, so players can explore something new what base game not have.

I mean sure, new engines, new modules, new drillcone, new rocket platform to easily build them all and customize, all those are fine. They didn't have to make a system that creates entirely new spaces to add to the endless calculations the game already does. Also they took the least micro management intensive part about the previous rocket design, and decided it had to make it very micro intensive since they removed a bunch of the micro from rocket calculations and building.

10 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

I mean sure, new engines, new modules, new drillcone, new rocket platform to easily build them all and customize, all those are fine. They didn't have to make a system that creates entirely new spaces to add to the endless calculations the game already does. Also they took the least micro management intensive part about the previous rocket design, and decided it had to make it very micro intensive since they removed a bunch of the micro from rocket calculations and building.

if talk about those new rocket design, i do not like it, feels like too small like they some smurf houses.

2 hours ago, gabberworld said:

if talk about those new rocket design, i do not like it, feels like too small like they some smurf houses.

Are you talking about rockets as a whole or just the basic command capsule?

42 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Are you talking about rockets as a whole or just the basic command capsule?

as whole, it cant be compare with real rockets at all.

assuming if dupe is 2 meters then the highest rocket at game is the 35 meters while real rockets goes to 100 meters

smallest real rocket is somewhere  70 meters

while game one is 10 Meters. there no way lift it up in reality with human inside

3 hours ago, gabberworld said:

as whole, it cant be compare with real rockets at all.

assuming if dupe is 2 meters then the highest rocket at game is the 35 meters while real rockets goes to 100 meters

smallest real rocket is somewhere  70 meters

while game one is 10 Meters. there no way lift it up in reality with human inside

ah ok then, yeah that's also true for a lot of buildings in the game though, I could see them scaling rockets up a little but not by much more.

19 hours ago, crbd115 said:

There are other ways they could fix the current design as well but they would probably remove that freedom you say you like. The problem is that freedom comes at the cost of having to micromanage. The more freedom you have in this system the more work you have to do with it. The more you simplify it the less freedom you have. I personally could care less about having freedom to put whatever I want in it because its just a vehicle to move from one place to the other at the basic sense. The advanced parts should come with the different modules and engines in combination

The interesting part that i find in it is that with the command nosecone you have to choose which things you can afford to skip for the thing to work. It puts it one step closer to real life while still keeping it gamey. The downside is that it requires you to micro a lot of stuff. This is a sideeffect of the game being designed as one big base.

We can of course take a step back and make it a static transport tool but i believe it`s possible to keep the current design and fix the most annoying flaws. It would require a special setting for the food supply - the game already tracks the amount of food in a world and should issue a warning if the minimum for the mission is not met. That could be added to the launch checklist. Same for cabin pressure. Just a few tweaks here and there and it will work mostly automatically.

On 7/2/2021 at 3:49 AM, gabberworld said:

I like that the nuclear engine rocket is really long.

image.png.3545472565fed4f44e0f037adf38acad.pngimage.png.4ebf3214e777153b6f39f49d6e439fa6.png

I am very happy that the long rockets made it in to the game, some more design and more graphical special effects for launches and touchdowns would be great though. Some really cool particle effect burns and sparks, which add more percent to the graphic load workout would be great.

An additional layer of decoration particles on top of all buildings would be great too for another DLC someday, perhaps directly with an option setting "Deactivate all particle deco effects ( graphic card rendered )" - Make graphic cards a bit more sweat dear Klei ( optionally ) :congratulatory:

10 minutes ago, babba said:

An additional layer of decoration particles on top of all buildings would be great too for another DLC someday, perhaps directly with an option setting "Deactivate all particle deco effects ( graphic card rendered )" - Make graphic cards a bit more sweat dear Klei ( optionally ) :congratulatory:

yeah they can todo this, even this game is 2D, unity self fully supports 3D, Klei even can turn this game, or some part to 3D if they want pother

Archived