using ethanol to power steam turbine

15 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

ehm? no, steam turbine works only with water and steam, steam is get from water after heated up

Petroleum turbine can work with ethanol liquid

Thank you, I am using ethanol to power a petroleum generator and cool down stuff.

12 minutes ago, SirPhoboseus said:

it would be cool if ethanol steam hurt the steam generator so i had a clue.

Does it actually say "ethanol steam"? Steam is an element - gaseous form of water. Every element exists in gas form but only one is steam.

Clicking on the book icon in any element's info box window, opens up the game's database

image.png.1ef5911efb68e138832e1eff4658a203.png

Searching in the database for steam and steam turbine gives some more clues:

image.png.7d405fcc41d30fc58d49bac6735f9f43.png image.png.1b7ff4405206c1f032e3c8146ee1b9cc.png

Unless steam is a translation misunderstanding...:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Does it actually say "ethanol steam"? Steam is an element - gaseous form of water. Every element exists in gas form but only one is steam.

Clicking on the book icon in any element's info box window, opens up the game's database

image.png.1ef5911efb68e138832e1eff4658a203.png

Searching in the database for steam and steam turbine gives some more clues:

image.png.7d405fcc41d30fc58d49bac6735f9f43.png image.png.1b7ff4405206c1f032e3c8146ee1b9cc.png

Unless steam is a translation misunderstanding...:rolleyes:

Hi, that's my own mistake.  I thought because ethanol turned from liquid to gas it was 'steam' but that isn't the case here.  Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate your input. 

edit:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

21 hours ago, MinhPham said:

real world turbines doesn't delete heat

Wait, what? I think You are wrong. They transform enthalpy which is basically temperature into another form of energy - kinetic energy of its shaft. Then this energy is transformed into electricity by generator. If You then use electricity to produce something else than heat, then yes - turbine is deleting heat.

21 hours ago, MinhPham said:

real world turbines doesn't delete heat ....

Actually, it kind of does, just far less. Or rather it converts part of the heat into mechanical motion which then drives a generator and comes out as electricity. 50% or more you have to remove via cooling to keep the thing going if I remember the Thermodynamic cycle used correctly. That cooling need is far lower in ONI, or rather the steam turbine can self-cool (just barely), which does not work in real-world physics at all. Also, a real-world steam turbine does never cool the steam down to condensation as that would damage the blades.

On 5/29/2021 at 10:02 AM, Gurgel said:

Actually, it kind of does, just far less. Or rather it converts part of the heat into mechanical motion which then drives a generator and comes out as electricity. 50% or more you have to remove via cooling to keep the thing going if I remember the Thermodynamic cycle used correctly. That cooling need is far lower in ONI, or rather the steam turbine can self-cool (just barely), which does not work in real-world physics at all. Also, a real-world steam turbine does never cool the steam down to condensation as that would damage the blades.

the flip side is that in real life you can lose heat by radiating it into space

2 hours ago, robotic_gamer said:

the flip side is that in real life you can lose heat by radiating it into space

Not very well, but yes. Also you may get heat radiated in the same way and not a small amount depending where you are.

Archived