Jump to content

Maxwell In D&D


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Dextops said:

pretty sure Them is just higher beings or something of the sorts so Alter does count

fuelweaver mentions Them specifically, in a death quote: "You are not Them..." and im psure the ancients turned into the nightmare creatures as well
+ Them wasn't really mentioned until all the lunar stuff got added

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

isn't "Them" the moon though? or the creatures related to the moon? 

IDK, I think EoTS just confused me and a bunch of other people then actually answer questions.

10 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

fuelweaver mentions Them specifically, in a death quote: "You are not Them..." and im psure the ancients turned into the nightmare creatures as well
+ Them wasn't really mentioned until all the lunar stuff got added

Again, IDK who Them is (are if they are a group of beings), hence the idea for the Great Old One subclass.

14 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Okay. You're wrong.

And do have a reason why I'm wrong, or was this just you making a joke (You were probably just making a joke, but I figured lets make this a discussion bc why the heck not?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

Aren't the patrons supposed to be the source of Warlocks power themselves?

Not a very good deal if they aren't the people giving the power

No Them is giving Maxwell his power in this build (IDK if this actually happens in DS) through the Codex Umbra

34 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

im sorry but i could alredy not follow whit all those weird words what is who and who is what?

Warlocks are magic users who get their power from a patron. Maxwell has a Great Old One for a patron, this patron(s) is Them If you don't know who Them is don't worry nobody does. He was an Entertainer before he got sucked into the Constant, and CE Means Chaotic Evil, and CN is Chaotic Neutral, and the CG in Parentheses is Chaotic Good, alignment determines the way a character will likely act. 

If you've ever played D&D the background, alignment and the warlock class should all make sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dragolantis said:

Warlocks are magic users who get their power from a patron. Maxwell has a Great Old One for a patron, this patron(s) is Them If you don't know who Them is don't worry nobody does. He was an Entertainer before he got sucked into the Constant, and CE Means Chaotic Evil, and CN is Chaotic Neutral, and the CG in Parentheses is Chaotic Good, alignment determines the way a character will likely act. 

If you've ever played D&D the background, alignment and the warlock class should all make sense.

actualy i mean more of those "words"?

image.png.34acd603c5f4062cdfdad59e559b8dd7.png

like i have literaly no idea what any of this is even souposed to mean like what is that? he turned from the letters of C and E to letters of C and N or a C and G i cant realy see how maxwell is suddenly able to just turn into letters

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

actualy i mean more of those "words"?

image.png.34acd603c5f4062cdfdad59e559b8dd7.png

like i have literaly no idea what any of this is even souposed to mean like what is that? he turned from the letters of C and E to letters of C and N or a C and G i cant realy see how maxwell is suddenly able to just turn into letters

"Maxwell is a CE turned CN (or CG IDK)" = "Maxwell is a Chaotic Evil turned Chaotic Neutral (or Chaotic Good IDK)"

Those terms are multimedia tropesarchetypes aka like stereotypes if you will. Example: TVTropes: Chaotic Evil (btw, you can use that site - TVTropes.org - for future references on these kinds of subjects).

 

As for Maxwell, lore-wise, he seems to me more of a forced actor into an "evil" role, and over time intoxicated by "Their" mental warping effects, exaggerating his baseline propensities (for example, megalomania). After escaping the Nightmare Throne he seems to have a heavy cynical mindset, with "evil"-like residual influences from when he was under "Their" direct, nefarious binding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

"Maxwell is a CE turned CN (or CG IDK)" = "Maxwell is a Chaotic Evil turned Chaotic Neutral (or Chaotic Good IDK)"

Those terms are multimedia tropesarchetypes aka like stereotypes if you will. Example: TVTropes: Chaotic Evil (btw, you can use that site - TVTropes.org - for future references on these kinds of subjects).

 

As for Maxwell, lore-wise, he seems to me more of a forced actor into an "evil" role, and over time intoxicated by "Their" mental warping effects, exaggerating his baseline propensities (for example, megalomania). After escaping the Nightmare Throne he seems to have a heavy cynical mindset, with "evil"-like residual influences from when he was under "Their" direct, nefarious binding.

thank you, sometimes it's hard to explain things like alignment to ppl who have not played D&D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

and I wanted to give a vague idea of Maxwell as a potential D&D character to play (because very little ppl have heard of this game which is sad, but you can play your DS or DST characters in D&D and nobody will know you're plagiarizing, I myself have a WX build.) And not a whole build because newbies to or people who have never played D&D might not understand the complicated mechanics. I was already pushing it with a basic D&D description and was proven somewhat right because of @Dr.Medic's confusion with alignments, and didn't want to dive into a whole build to flesh out some of the things . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...