Please fix heavy watt wire and solar panels....

On 5/24/2021 at 6:07 AM, SharraShimada said:

1. he´s not. Its possible without debug.

2. its a single player game. Its not cheating, if no one else is cheated. Its your game. Play as you please or dont. Its your choice alone.

I just test this , im wasnt aware that you can do this , my bad. 

This can be a bug or a feature

20 hours ago, gabberworld said:

but to you still understand that it cost allot for build this all? one solar panel is only 60W

also exploit usually means you get something totally free but you not get it free in this case

only thing what i want see about that is by change the battery cost , as 400 is too low

I completely get what your saying. I even tried building one of my own and the net result was that I needed no other power so completely negated massive portions of the game. All you need to do is get 1 glass maker and run it for a while and your power is sorted, Im sorry but that is just way overpowered.

If they add meteors back or have some other sort of mechanic that blocks the sun predictably I think it'd be more balanced. I think the bunker door and scanner trade off was perfect, maybe reduce the amount of mass in meteors or add another use to regolith to make it more interesting.

The proper balance to solar is to make the night part of the cycle longer; the short amount it lasts makes it a non-issue and makes Plug Slugs weak. Please no on meteors in their old form: The bunker door thing was a mess that made space horrific to deal with.

2 hours ago, Nebbie said:

The proper balance to solar is to make the night part of the cycle longer; the short amount it lasts makes it a non-issue and makes Plug Slugs weak. Please no on meteors in their old form: The bunker door thing was a mess that made space horrific to deal with.

agreed. I ultimately solved the meteor problem by using unpowered bunker doors hardcoded to be open during the no meteor period then closed when there was a chance for meteors. That being said I wouldn't mind the meteor storms occurring on a specific planetoid. I think that planetoid would be a good place for voles to spawn. I think night being 1/3rd to 1/4th of a day would be a good start.

I think if they were to bring back the need for bunker doors then they would have to provide the required resources i.e. more steel. Personally I like the way they have solar now with the exception of the obvious issue with rocket platforms and solar towers. Having the map the size it is just now means you only have so many solar panels you can deploy before you cant fit rockets in. Once you get to bigger builds that are more power hungry you have to move to alternative supplies to suppliment the solar aspect. For me the solution is to change the recipe for solar panels to include some steel.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:20 PM, SkunkMaster said:

Says who ? Rocket batteries have worked like this since they where introduced, and at 200glass/60w i would hardly call this an exploit...

Solar towers are so obviously unintended gameplay mechanics. You can't stack regular solar panels on top each other because it will block the light from reaching the one below, however stacking rocket solar panels doesnt have this issue and you believe that its intended to be that way? Not only that but you can stack them from the bottom of the map to the top without limitations. My guess is that there is some sort of issue with how these modules get restricted as well as an issue with allowing light to reach the rocket solar panel module through other modules. 

On 5/25/2021 at 1:36 PM, gabberworld said:

but to you still understand that it cost allot for build this all? one solar panel is only 60W

also exploit usually means you get something totally free but you not get it free in this case

only thing what i want see about that is by change the battery cost , as 400 is too low

I do see what your saying but unless the cost of glass or the cost of the solar panels is made more difficult I think this is just way to cheaty for me. Even though I now know how to make them I wont be as I believe it takes too much out of the game and renders normal solar panels obsolete.

On 6/2/2021 at 12:00 PM, ATM Reaper said:

I do see what your saying but unless the cost of glass or the cost of the solar panels is made more difficult I think this is just way to cheaty for me. Even though I now know how to make them I wont be as I believe it takes too much out of the game and renders normal solar panels obsolete.

I guess you would stick to your Ford T also, instead of going to a newer car, seeing how the newer car would render the Ford T obsolete. :)

I would argue this thing is a lategame thing, i personally use the normal solar panels also, seeing how they are SUPER cheap and give a lot of power for nearly no glass. For solar towers a "real" glass refinery is needed, Something i haven't build before seeing how a regular solar roof was nothing a small puddle couldn't handle.

20210603165417_1.thumb.jpg.8f9e5b82c5647643d311111f3670cc1f.jpg 

Besites, if you are arguing that a solar tower is "too much power", There are PLEANTYFULL ways of creating unlimited power in ONI.

Boil some oil (which is also a water positive loop), 20190301104604_1.thumb.jpg.5458ed6e2607425f1d6ead1d51bd6c0b.jpg

or setup some rockets.

20210226233632_1.thumb.jpg.9c56923a5013fd49e41c58e724a6a9d0.jpg

20191026091017_1.thumb.jpg.d662b4bc56d8d029bcd3b57b67be6f8a.jpg

So the argument that solar towers are broken and OP and triviales power generation is a silly remark, seeing how the time and effort required to just produce the glass could've been used to setup something else that creates equal or more power.

41 minutes ago, SkunkMaster said:

I guess you would stick to your Ford T also, instead of going to a newer car, seeing how the newer car would render the Ford T obsolete. :)

I would argue this thing is a lategame thing, i personally use the normal solar panels also, seeing how they are SUPER cheap and give a lot of power for nearly no glass. For solar towers a "real" glass refinery is needed, Something i haven't build before seeing how a regular solar roof was nothing a small puddle couldn't handle.

20210603165417_1.thumb.jpg.8f9e5b82c5647643d311111f3670cc1f.jpg 

Besites, if you are arguing that a solar tower is "too much power", There are PLEANTYFULL ways of creating unlimited power in ONI.

Boil some oil (which is also a water positive loop), 20190301104604_1.thumb.jpg.5458ed6e2607425f1d6ead1d51bd6c0b.jpg

or setup some rockets.

20210226233632_1.thumb.jpg.9c56923a5013fd49e41c58e724a6a9d0.jpg

20191026091017_1.thumb.jpg.d662b4bc56d8d029bcd3b57b67be6f8a.jpg

So the argument that solar towers are broken and OP and triviales power generation is a silly remark, seeing how the time and effort required to just produce the glass could've been used to setup something else that creates equal or more power.

To answer question number 1, I would love a Ford T, that would be awesome......

In response to what you are saying I just think Glass is too easy and cheap to produce that any solar is easy to obtain (regardless of how much power it produces). The normal solar panels have the right balance of glass to power produced and the area denial they also contribute to by blocking light make them a good but not OP option. Solar towers however are just daft, I really dont understand why you can build anything but a rocket engine on the rocket platform. I could go further and put screen shots of my own but I dont think that is required here. We are all entitled to our opinions and this is mine. I take yours and agree to disagree. I suppose that is one of the great things about this game is there are just so many options and ways of doing things, I just love it.

On 5/22/2021 at 6:47 PM, KnoBuddy said:

I believe this change happened when they made the rocket platform an actual platform to stand on like a tile. Pretty sure the two are somehow related.

This

Archived