[Game Update] - 464301

• Developer

Bug Fix

• Fixes an issue where some people would get stuck in permanent night after starting or stopping the moon storms.

Notes for Modders

• fixed an issue where the facing direction wasn't properly inherited for entities that didn’t use the FollowSymbol to follow animstate symbols.

View full update

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Wavey 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Medic said:

never got hit by that bug but i like to imagine that once you take the moon boss down charlie just takes over and makes everything dark

Yea, the game reverts back to regular day, night and moon stages cycles after you defeat CC for obvious gameplay reasons but I wonder if that's really what happens in the story- All I can tell is our survivors put together all the altars, this awakens Alter and watch you through eternal fullmoons every night, they build a contraption to syphon the mysterious energy so an angered Alter send his chsmpion fighter to dispatch the survivors.

What happens next? Does alter retreat for a while, leaving survivors alone pr did we jusy defeat the source of Lunar Magic so Charlie is more poweeful than ever?

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

When I defeated the champion for the first time, almost immediately after the update came out, full night was set for three days. Enough for me to be scared that this is part of the new content, and that defeating this boss will turn on the "only darkness" mode on the entire server forever. As a change to "hard mod" after the victory of one of the bosses in Terraria. This is NOT what I wanted from DST and I can't describe my relief when a normal day finally back.

• Like 1

There's for some time now a weird bug: when player has a Backpack, Piggyback or Krampus Sack equipped, with free slots, but full character inventory and picks stuff from ground, said stuff looks like is disappearing upon picking up, without any animation of going into said Backpack/Piggyback/Krampus Sack, even if it goes in them, with invisible icon. Only when trying to manually put something from character inventory in supposed free Backpack/Piggyback/Krampus Sack inventory, the invisible object is switched on mouse-over with what one tries to put in first instance.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

There's for some time now a weird bug: when player has a Backpack, Piggyback or Krampus Sack equipped, with free slots, but full character inventory and picks stuff from ground, said stuff looks like is disappearing upon picking up, without any animation of going into said Backpack/Piggyback/Krampus Sack, even if it goes in them, with invisible icon. Only when trying to manually put something from character inventory in supposed free Backpack/Piggyback/Krampus Sack inventory, the invisible object is switched on mouse-over with what one tries to put in first instance.

Happens with Insulated pack too

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, rafaelluismpalm said:

''we defeated the moon, but at what cost, is night forever now''

HA, After the bug occurred I left my world to name it "We've made a grave mistake..."  and the bug fixed itself right after

I was bummed because the name didn't feel right anymore

• Sad 1