Questions To DST Modders

Is modding Don't Starve Together hard to be profesional? How much we can change game mechanics?
Also is there mod making aplication like Fallout's G.E.C.K or Minecraft's MCreator? If it is have not, do you think we need one?

1 minute ago, Wardin25 said:

Pretty much this.

I'm getting interested in modding and from what I've seen, you can change quite a lot. Also I don't think there's a dedicated mod application, but there are some tools for sprite animation and such, one of which is on steam called "Don't Stave Mod tools". Someone please correct  me if I'm wrong.

You can change essentially any game mechanic in any way you want, the only real limit is if the thing you're trying to edit is engine-related, as Modders can not affect the engine in any way.

There isn't any mod making application like Minecraft's MCreator, I personally think we don't really need something like it(What we do need is GOOD animation tools like seriously please Klei i'm going to cry over the animation tools you've given us)

You can probably just do anything you look for I'd say, regardless it's editing it, implementing something new or remove some mechanisms. Your tools to make mods is nothing but the game itself, its code, the special environment given for mods and the rest are the tools that are offered in a separated app on steam to reproduce sounds, animations or compiling images and other more specific thingies. You could get used to them by checking the modding subforum for sure ! (but again depending of what you look to do you might need none of them)

Also I'm not sure what's the goal behind those questions but if you need some help on starting with modding or little help on it, you can ask me some stuff in DMs I'd gladly help out.

2 hours ago, ADM said:

You can probably just do anything you look for I'd say, regardless it's editing it, implementing something new or remove some mechanisms. Your tools to make mods is nothing but the game itself, its code, the special environment given for mods and the rest are the tools that are offered in a separated app on steam to reproduce sounds, animations or compiling images and other more specific thingies. You could get used to them by checking the modding subforum for sure ! (but again depending of what you look to do you might need none of them)

Also I'm not sure what's the goal behind those questions but if you need some help on starting with modding or little help on it, you can ask me some stuff in DMs I'd gladly help out.

I'm thinking about starting a mod project when my school stuffs get ends (which will end in few months). Thanks, you just got yourself a student.

Archived