All the ways to cool water

1 hour ago, DimaB77 said:

Can you tell me...

Does this count?

Ice maker + melting Ice

You can cool the Ice maker with an AETN for extra fun. :whistle:

Also, manually making brine from hot salt water (95ºC) instead of only using the desalinator can provide water colder than 85ºC. But supercoolant is required for that build and you're talking about cooling water, this would be about making water too.

I like your guides. They're interesting.

1702294366_.gif.0afb7667873c32408aa50ec551573d66.gif

"This variant was suggested by the user JRup from the Klei forum. In spite of little practical sense, the scheme gets a few points for its strangeness, and gets the sympathy prize". https://oxygen-not-included-guide.fandom.com/wiki/Water_cooling#Ice_Maker

Supercoolant in the AT circuit is another decent option.
But I could not translate and understand it correctly: " manually making brine from hot salt water (95ºC) instead of only using the desalinator can provide water colder than 85ºC"

AETN can be used multi way as well.

i use sometimes like this, first i make at there all preparations like adding the all needed pipes gas, liquid. then bring there water and bury AETN inside ice, this makes for him the buffer

then instead off using the aetn directly,

make at some other place the cooling buffer, water or whatever you need, and  start use that,

also for cooling its not good idea using the water inside pipes

17 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

The AETN does not have a large performance of 80 kDTU/s. This is too low for cooling water.

Apparently your and JRup's use of it, allow you to get more out of it.

yes i know that AETN not have high kDTU/s this is one reason why i use buffer, instead off using this directly.

i personally use this method for hold water kind off stable in 1C, with that water i feed the sleet wheat, and also for not waste  that water himself i use also for that the Gulp fish farm

for higher mass stable cooling , AETN self is not enoh. need use also something else, like always 

You need too cool water only in 2 cases:

1. No gold, no steel
  2. Absolutely nothing to do

You need water for: 

1. toilets
  2. recreation
  3. scientific discoveries
  4. oxygen production
  5. oil production

For toilets and recreation you can make self-sustainable system, which will use output as input. So, no need to cool it. For scientific discovery just no need to cool water, it would not make harm. In case of oxygen production much better to cool oxygen, because if you bring 95C water in electrolyzer, it will remove heat from total system. Also, it is much more easy to chill oxygen then water. And it is barely make sense for oil production, because natural gas from oil reservoir become too hot, water may explode pipes. But, such problem could be solved with ceramic pipe and liquid shutoff.

4 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

"This variant was suggested by the user JRup from the Klei forum. In spite of little practical sense, the scheme gets a few points for its strangeness, and gets the sympathy prize". https://oxygen-not-included-guide.fandom.com/wiki/Water_cooling#Ice_Maker

If we run out of ice, then we make ice :D Always have fun!

4 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

Supercoolant in the AT circuit is another decent option.
But I could not translate and understand it correctly: " manually making brine from hot salt water (95ºC) instead of only using the desalinator can provide water colder than 85ºC"

Machine #2 is "Have salt water, make water" but more complicated because the desalinator is used for brine. I built this for fun some time ago... Can most likely process 9kg/s salt water. Very stable at 7,5kg/s.

If you freeze salt water then you get brine + ice. Aquatuner + supercoolant  is needed for this.

Melt the ice with incoming salt water.

Send brine to desalinator for 40ºC water.

Cool the salt water with resulting water for best results.

There is also the old way, the cool steam vent with aqua tuner method as the aqua tuner regulates water and steam turbine deletes heat. Unless you want to make liquid oxygen and liquid hydrogen, just use this and the salty slush geyser because it makes the most sense, may be even keep the output heated up just above 0C so water doesn't turn to ice when you sieve it. You should have at least one Anti Entropy Thermo Nullifier lying around as well, which is a little extra cooling if you pump hydrogen in it, just make sure you don't deconstruct it as it can't be rebuilt.

9 hours ago, degr said:

You need too cool water only in 2 cases:

1. No gold, no steel
  2. Absolutely nothing to do

You need water for: 

1. toilets
  2. recreation
  3. scientific discoveries
  4. oxygen production
  5. oil production

For toilets and recreation you can make self-sustainable system, which will use output as input. So, no need to cool it. For scientific discovery just no need to cool water, it would not make harm. In case of oxygen production much better to cool oxygen, because if you bring 95C water in electrolyzer, it will remove heat from total system. Also, it is much more easy to chill oxygen then water. And it is barely make sense for oil production, because natural gas from oil reservoir become too hot, water may explode pipes. But, such problem could be solved with ceramic pipe and liquid shutoff.

Okay but have you considered domesticated plants like bristle blossom or sleet wheat?

10 hours ago, RageLeague said:

Okay but have you considered domesticated plants like bristle blossom or sleet wheat?

Fair point I forgot about it. Here is sleet wheat farm for 100 dupes colony - intake 56C water. If I'm correct, previously it work with 70-80C (now I was able to chill main part of base to 20C, previously it was around 45, so water chilled naturally, with normal pipes.

401103859_.thumb.jpg.20bbcf6ba3f211a40184d2bafb550b24.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.aa6c6f09d8823110dc32a1315e764fc2.jpg

Archived