Warly appreciation & discussion

Feeding my friend playing as Wortox the grim gallette is both a chore and incredibly amusing. 

"I did dis" I say, hearing her breathe a sigh of relief as she heals with souls, while she mutters about screen not being grey for the first time in two seasons.

12 hours ago, Friendly Grass said:

Something that’s kind of been turning me off from Warly is how his game play seems to revolve around bundling and unbundling food. And I’m not a fan of that, just because of my playstyle. But I think Warly is a great character and I am looking for any suggestions on how to enjoy him late game without relying on bundles.

I think I would be fine with just always wearing a belt of hunger or hibearnation vest.

Warly's not that different from everyone else once you get your food situation sorted out. He can't eat honey and he either has to be a bit wasteful with food or use two slots instead of one, but that's about it. If you depart with a full stomach and foods that last 20 days you're good for just over 100 minutes before it goes stale, or if you put them in the insulated pack (since you're late game) over 3 hours. If you're using 15 day foods instead it's a bit shorter but still good.

The repeat penalty isn't that big at the start so you can just have a stack of bacon and eggs and eat 3 of them every other day (75 + 67.5 + 60 = 202.5).

P.S. Unless you're really short on food the belt of hunger doesn't help. The thing that makes you need to get more food is the food going stale or spoiled, not you being hungry. An insulated pack helps a lot more if you have good food sources available, which you should because you said you're late game.

48 minutes ago, Friendly Grass said:

Needing ~6 meat a day doesn't sound fun tbh

If you're 'late game' and have trouble getting 1.5 meat and 4.5 monster meat per day just make a different recipe, then. Or wear the belt of hunger like you said you wanted to. Or work on improving your food supply, just 20 pig houses would already give like 4 meat a day.

8 hours ago, Friendly Grass said:

Needing ~6 meat a day doesn't sound fun tbh

Is a little more grindy than other characters because how wonderful tool he has

At the end you can simply make a big harvest of dragonpies in spring + meat stews which are so easy with a pig farm, fighting goats or having a lureplant farm and that is all you need to fill your stomach

Also spring, meawhile your crops grow, you can farm all the moose goose you can which is a fast work using volt goat jelly, with all that meat you can survive for many seasons

Archived