Does anyone know how to fix this?

I think there are several cases when this happens. It happened once for me when windows couldn't access the "save files" folder (I don't remember if it was referring to yaml file though). A restart fixed that. But your case may be different so if it persists you should probably make a bug report in order to let a dev check that.

On 4/3/2021 at 11:37 AM, FreezingSweetTe said:

says that im out of disk space and I dont know how to fix it.  I have a lot of storage

Without more information, there's not much advice I can give that would actually help.  However, I can think of a few situations where this might occur:

1) You're actually out of space on the drive the folder is in.  This can happen when your home directory and your game's program directory are on different partitions or different drives.  Double-check that the specific partition your game folder is on has space available.

2) You're "virtually" out of space.  Sometimes Windows (and other operating systems) will reserve a portion of the file system for an on-going activity, or an activity in the immediate future.  For example, reserving enough space to dump system RAM when going into sleep mode, or space that is occupied by trash.  Usually when this occurs, the amount of potential free space is reported instead of the actual free space,  meaning that your drive appears more full than it actually is at the moment.  This is the preferred behavior.  I have also, in rare situations, had the system report the actual free space instead of the potentially free space -- in which case it appears that I have space available, but my drive is "virtually full" due to reserved space occupying all the available free space.  Often restarting the system will solve this problem.  Emptying the trash can or clearing your cache can also help solve this issue.

3) File or folder permissions do not allow the game access.  In this case, your program itself doesn't have permission to write to the drive.  The program should report a write error, rather than a free space error, but it could go either way depending on how the operating system tells the application that it can't write to the folder.   If you "Verify Integrity of game files" from the Steam Library properties for ONI, you should get an error if Steam can't write to the folder.  You should also try running the game again, even if the verify function doesn't report any errors, because its possible that it corrected the issue.

4) You're out of RAM.  Yes, I know, your error says out of disk space, but I've had really odd things happen when I've had applications taking up more space than I have available RAM.  A good way to test this is to restart your machine, close any apps that are automatically restarted (on my system, that's Slack and Telegram), then check how much available RAM you have.  For example on my machine, with everything closed, I'm using about 2gb of RAM.  With ONI running, I'm using around 8gb for my current map.  Since I have 16gb of RAM, that's fine.  Things get hinky, however, if I open 100 tabs on Chrome while also running ONI.  I haven't gotten your particular error, but I HAVE had the operating system claim I'm out of disk space when I wasn't.

This happens every load for me, because I use a hard link to remap the save directory a dropbox directory, which lets me sync local save files online. Whatever method they use to check for disk space doesn't report it correctly on Windows in this arrangement, but the error can be safely ignored.

@FreezingSweetTe It looks like you are doing the same thing with OneDrive, so that's probably it. If it's actually working fine, you can ignore the error, or write a bug report for the both of us.

Dear users,

I am facing the same problem. To overcome this I am going to relocate klei server folder to another drive. However, I am wondering how should I let the game know the new directory? Is there any guid to help me in this?

1 hour ago, kianahdd1 said:

Dear users,

I am facing the same problem. To overcome this I am going to relocate klei server folder to another drive. However, I am wondering how should I let the game know the new directory? Is there any guid to help me in this?

i think i asked this somewhere already, but for now you can redirect only the full Documents folder to another hdd. that you can todo in Documents folder Properties at Location

5 hours ago, kianahdd1 said:

To overcome this I am going to relocate klei server folder to another drive. However, I am wondering how should I let the game know the new directory? Is there any guid to help me in this?

To create a hard link to a directory in windows, it's

mklink /J Link Target

For example

mklink /J C:\Users\nako\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded D:\OxygenNotIncluded

This will let you store the real files in your D:\OxygenNotIncluded directory. It will also probably result in the bug described in this thread which you can ignore.

Archived