9 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

its been a while since I last played this game. I am so happy with the DLC but is it normal that in Terra Cluster you only get steam volcano?

Pretty much. But I expect the starting asteroids are still a minimal "early access" set at this time. They already announced that there will be an option for larger ones and maybe other options will happen.

Yeah, I haven't seen a lot of variation in the geysers on the starting asteroids for Spaced Out.  The swamp ball will have a frozen brine and a cold slush geyser close enough to freeze your base out if you're not paying attention, and the terra asteroid should have a cool steam geyser close enough to cook your base.  

However, in both cases, the terra and swamp asteroids are linked together, and you can usually start transferring materials between them by cycle 50 or 100.  So you can pipe all that nice icy slush over to Terra to cool down the oil biomes.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:17 AM, Oni Noob said:

its been a while since I last played this game. I am so happy with the DLC but is it normal that in Terra Cluster you only get steam volcano?

Yes it is the concept of the extension, to play on several small asteroid which are complementary and interdependent.

On 4/4/2021 at 6:24 PM, KittenIsAGeek said:

Yeah, I haven't seen a lot of variation in the geysers on the starting asteroids for Spaced Out.  The swamp ball will have a frozen brine and a cold slush geyser close enough to freeze your base out if you're not paying attention, and the terra asteroid should have a cool steam geyser close enough to cook your base.  

However, in both cases, the terra and swamp asteroids are linked together, and you can usually start transferring materials between them by cycle 50 or 100.  So you can pipe all that nice icy slush over to Terra to cool down the oil biomes.

There is little variation in the geysers in the DLC.  The teleporter asteroid will spawn 2 random geysers from a list of 6 or 7.  

List: 

Spoiler

Chlorine

Methane

CO2 (hot gas or cold liquid)

small volcano

sulfur

Hydrogen (only on the oily swamp asteroid)

The whole thing is very curated - not necessarily a bad thing.  

48 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Is that list based only on swamp starts? Because I've observed more randomness in my terra starts

That's pulled straight from the current worldgen .yaml files for the oil planet.  The radioactive planet has a different list - 

Spoiler

- names: # Generic geysers
    - geysers/chlorine_gas
    - geysers/methane
    - geysers/hot_po2
    - geysers/small_volcano
    - geysers/hot_hydrogen
    - geysers/filthy_water
    - geysers/salt_water <-- only on sandstone start
    listRule: TrySome
    someCount: 2

Curiously the sandstone start has 1 extra geyser possiblity in the list for planets 2 and 3.  

14 hours ago, NewWorldDan said:

There is little variation in the geysers in the DLC.  The teleporter asteroid will spawn 2 random geysers from a list of 6 or 7.  

List: 

Hide contents

Chlorine

Methane

CO2 (hot gas or cold liquid)

small volcano

sulfur

Hydrogen (only on the oily swamp asteroid)

The whole thing is very curated - not necessarily a bad thing.  

Sulfur and volcanoes are guaranteed on oil.

Gold and aluminum are guaranteed on rad planet, with a chance for hot pO2, salt water geyser, polluted water geyser, natural gas, hydrogen, chlorine. Maybe others. Max of 1-2 from the random list, I've never seen more than 2.

I think your pick of start dictates which asteroid certain random geysers can spawn on. Idk the pattern. Just limited to oil and rad planet.

Water planet is sorta random, it's guaranteed to give 2 types of water geysers but it might be a mix of a few variants.

13 hours ago, NewWorldDan said:

That's pulled straight from the current worldgen .yaml files for the oil planet.  The radioactive planet has a different list - 

Hide contents

- geysers/chlorine_gas
    - geysers/methane
    - geysers/hot_po2
    - geysers/small_volcano
    - geysers/hot_hydrogen
    - geysers/filthy_water

Curiously the sandstone start has 1 extra geyser possiblity in the list for planets 2 and 3.  

Can you pull this list for the rad planet?

1 hour ago, n_t_p said:

Sulfur and volcanoes are guaranteed on oil.

Sulfur is guaranteed, a minor volcano is not.  There should be 3 covered geysers on oil.  I was a little hasty last night.  I missed the guaranteed sulfur geyser.  This is the relevant portion of the world gen file for the oil planet (from sandstone start, slightly different for swamp start).  Looking at the .yaml for the swamp start, the geysers there on the oil planet can potentially spawn in the magma biome, which I'm not in favor of.

Spoiler

- names:
    - expansion1::geysers/liquid_sulfur
    listRule: GuaranteeAll
    priority: 200
    allowedCellsFilter:
      - command: Replace
        zoneTypes: [ Barren ]
    - geysers/chlorine_gas
    - geysers/methane
    - geysers/hot_co2
    - geysers/hot_hydrogen  <--- only on sandstone start
    - geysers/small_volcano
    - geysers/liquid_co2
    - expansion1::geysers/liquid_sulfur

1 hour ago, n_t_p said:

Can you pull this list for the rad planet?

Spoiler

- geysers/chlorine_gas
    - geysers/methane
    - geysers/hot_po2
    - geysers/small_volcano
    - geysers/hot_hydrogen
    - geysers/filthy_water

So... water is not guaranteed on the rad planet.  But, on the sandstone start, you have a much better chance of getting one.

And since we're on it, the water planet:

Spoiler

- names: # Geysers
    - expansion1::poi/aquatic/dirty_water_geode
    - expansion1::poi/aquatic/cool_slush_geode
    - expansion1::poi/aquatic/salt_geyser_geode
    - expansion1::poi/aquatic/hot_water_geode

Archived