is a very cool concept but it gets rot faster when players have a cane so it is never used again

walking cane gives 25% speed so the speedy balloon could bring more speed but reducing the durability or increase the sanity cost

having more speed boost than the cane will make it atleast used sometimes when the player wants to go faster instead of just using it before the 1st winter (just 21 days) and forget it for the rest of the time

it could be ~40% or ~35% speed boost but half time, ~40% ~35% speed boost with ~15 sanity cost

I have a slightly broken idea for the speedy baloon, but hear me out:

you should be able to walk on water while it's in top floating stage, and sink as soon as it hits 66%. It won't be worth trying to explore the ocean, as it's too risky and you don't have enough float time, but it's fun to navigate gaps early, and just a fun gimmick combined with his life-vest. And it makes a little sense too, since it makes you lighter :D 

7 hours ago, BeeClops said:

you should be able to walk on water while it's in top floating stage, and sink as soon as it hits 66%. It won't be worth trying to explore the ocean, as it's too risky and you don't have enough float time, but it's fun to navigate gaps early, and just a fun gimmick combined with his life-vest. And it makes a little sense too, since it makes you lighter :D 

I like this idea! Actually, I think it may even be viable for exploration (at the expense of a lot of sanity, probably), if you keep crafting new balloons. I love it! 
#2ndwesrework XD

8 hours ago, BeeClops said:

Also good to grab some kelp for a Wurt friend. :p 

50 minutes ago, Aeglefire said:

Also good to grab some kelp for a Wurt friend. :p 

Shouldn’t be able to grab or gather anything.. just float over gaps of water and that’s it.

just like goose woodie but less effective.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Shouldn’t be able to grab or gather anything.. just float over gaps of water and that’s it.

just like goose woodie but less effective.

Hm, but those items you can't reach on the ocean, it would be so nice to get that floating Monster Meat and/or Royal Jelly in those tiny rivers. River cleanup.

oh golly, that would actually be brilliant. without the gathering option from shipwrecked it is a right pain to have things next to the water. this would be really impressive actually and really useful(though unlikely to be implimented since it is a wes-oriented benefit)as it goes his boons are all focused around sharing

14 hours ago, BeeClops said:

How about giving him 3 "jumps" each a half tiles worth.

Wes will skip 3 times on the water and on the forth if he lands on water he will drown.  He will do a wild e coyote pan to the screen, look down, do a wave and sink.

7 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

How about giving him 3 "jumps" each a half tiles worth.

Wes will skip 3 times on the water and on the forth if he lands on water he will drown.  He will do a wild e coyote pan to the screen, look down, do a wave and sink.

the image of wes sinking while his baloon floats away is quite funny :D

14 hours ago, licet_insanire said:

I like this idea! Actually, I think it may even be viable for exploration (at the expense of a lot of sanity, probably), if you keep crafting new balloons. I love it! 
#2ndwesrework XD

reading this I realize it's more broken than I pictured it. Wes might become a better lunar island rusher than Woodie :D  3 hops might be a more tamed version of "Wessus" . Or some other way to limit ocean exploration potential a little more

Archived