Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Szczuku

So... RoT is comming to an end, huh?

ArubaroBeefalo    10203
2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Glass cutter isn't all that better than dark sword. I mean, one of the first arguments people used to justify Wes's new rework was that he's now good at nightmare fuel farming.

Glass axe is only usefull in Toadstool fights. I mean, what are you supposed to do, craft 15 axes so that you don't have to visit Lunar Islands after you cut like 12 trees? Same thing applies to the glass cutter, just stockpile it?

Farm the grotto and the hot springs  and make 1 travel to the island every many days. Im not using gold axes anymore and for shadow pieces and fw i only use glass cutter. My personal preference in a old world but still being content that can be used

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Well it kind of got introduced in RoT and 5 out of 7 RoT updates were focused on it so yeah... RoT was pretty much ocean content

Because the action takes place because a piece of moon fall and become an island. That the arc ends doesnt mean that they wont add more content

They added caves in the beta to dst and before RoG in DS and now we get a new biome. The same can be done with the sea

lakhnish    2659

I'd consider a large portion of the RoT updates (so far) to have been mainly setup stuff (and a lot of setup at that).

• We've got the fact that Charlie has somehow managed to capture the Ancient Fuelweaver, evident by its death animation (pre-RoT, but worth noting).
  • We've got Salt Stacks that looks like people and the fact that using salt and other rocks can make Thulecite (maybe more on that, or not).
  • We've got the Glass Statues of the Shadow Pieces not spawning anything (not yet anyways, if that's still planned).
  • We've got the the Sealed Portal in the archive biome and the war in the Lunar Grotto Biome after turning the power on.
  • We've got the Mysterious Energy and whatever that thing is that was revealed in the Wes Rework update.
  • And we have the original promo pic where the Ancient Gateway is just overrun by nightmare fuel.

Given that they said Return of Them arc, maybe there are futures arcs building upon Them returning? *fingers crossed*

Hard for me to see Klei addressing all of this in 3 more updates, unless those updates are really big.

minespatch    88585
1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

unless those updates are really big.

Like I said, I see rot being for two or three years tops before we get another arc.

Mike23Ua    10728

Return of Them can’t come to an end until we find out who “Them” is & Why they are “Returning” 

WoodieMain45684    1220

I'm not worried, even if the ocean and other aspects stay the exact same way they are now. It just allows mods to think of something to put in those locations. I know it sounds kind of odd, but I'm actually kindof ready for ROT to end. Even if Klei hasn't changed any sort of meta (debatable?), that's honestly fine, let the community mess around and change that up if they so please. I believe Klei is more invested in the later part of the progression arc in DST as opposed to what happens from a day to day basis. Again, this is fine. It provides players goals to shoot for; those that want additional challenge or changups to the meta can look for it in mods (if you're on pc at least lol). Conquer the Constant has been working on stuff like this lately, for example.

ZeRoboButler    108

I would say that I am thankful for the fact that klei does at least consider the "issues" people have with the game, the reason I state them as "issues" is because in some cases, the problem is more of an opinion based issue.

A case of some people wanting more of something or less of another is always going to be the case. I hope for the best with ROT, will I want more, always, the world of dst is a fun place to explore in many aspects.

I would love to see alternate boats, I would love to see stuff like wagstaff, webber or maxwell reworks, and I would love for elements of the gorge and the forge to have effects on the constant.

Stuff like food or cooking stations, or new weapons or tools to open up new ways to tackle different scenarios.

The game has a lot of potential and I think both the players and the devs can see that, other wise we wouldn't be here discussing it as much, It's always nice to see people still care about the future of this game. It may be slower than we might like but content takes time.