How many cycles does it take you to send a rocket now?

Still haven't started playing this as I'm waiting for most of the important updates to get fleshed out, though seeing all the cool stuff getting added makes it more and more difficult to delay it. 

So from you guys that did play it, how many cycles does it take you now to send your first rudimentary rocket and start playing in space? Considering on average, when you are not trying to rush to space but are taking your time, cause I always take forever to do anything.

On my current Colony I had a rocket at Cycle 110.  This is about when I got the Colony stable on the first two Planetoids. 

Spoiler

I wanted to get some Reed Fiber for Atmo Suit to access the hotter oil biomes on the second Planetoid.  I was also going for some Uranium.

On my Terra start world, it took me about 100 cycles to get my first rocket ready to launch. I was taking my sweet, sweet time though. Cleared out most of the surface before I even started doing radiation research.

5 hours ago, Hokaeru said:

Now with the introduction of radiation I don't know though.

Radiation is actually hardly a danger right now if you ask me - as long as you give your dupes access to a toilet they'll clean out their absorbed rads faster than space or wheezeworts can give them. I feel radiation is mainly a danger when it come to radbolts.

55 minutes ago, TheTickingTick said:

That's a lot of patience. Give me some of it please:wilson_love:

To be fair, this is mostly having reached some stable state and then letting things run on their own for a while (overnight or longer). This is basically my ONI meta-goal: Unsupervised sustainability. Otherwise I could not have the thing below and still do other things  besides ONI ;-)

time003.png.c5ccab71f010c4c413a55ad5e735d001.png

My current colony landed a rocket on the pip planet by cycle 28. I tend to rush it so I can get my atmo suits online asap and go get plastic for space research. Bear in mind this is with a bit of save-scumming to get strong early dupes from my first two printings.

12 hours ago, Gurgel said:

To be fair, this is mostly having reached some stable state and then letting things run on their own for a while (overnight or longer). This is basically my ONI meta-goal: Unsupervised sustainability. Otherwise I could not have the thing below and still do other things  besides ONI ;-)

That's a great and interesting goal to have, but is also something I could never do. Leaving dupes unsupervised for 5 minutes would give me instant anxiety attacks, like did Meep manage to find a brand new way to get himself stuck and suffocate slowly again.

4 hours ago, Unfawkable said:

That's a great and interesting goal to have, but is also something I could never do. Leaving dupes unsupervised for 5 minutes would give me instant anxiety attacks, like did Meep manage to find a brand new way to get himself stuck and suffocate slowly again.

That still happens sometimes to my colonies! One reason I always make sure to have a Meep as soon as possible. He is a real problem-detector!

Archived