All the ways of cooling oxygen

9 hours ago, mathmanican said:

Maybe "many ways" is more accurate.

Absolutely. Of course I might have missed something.

9 hours ago, mathmanican said:

for this fun post a long time ago. 

The idea is fun. But what is the practical point? Eliminate heat from volcanoes, magma. It seems to me more reasonable to develop volcanoes with a turbine scheme - we get both metals and energy. Well, and to cool oxygen/water to room temperature (25C), theoretically it may be possible, but practically unlikely.

1 hour ago, DimaB77 said:

But what is the practical point?

It can be done. It's viable. Yeah, there might be other (simpler) options, but why not try something new. :) That's all.  I just figured critter-based cooling hasn't gotten much love recently, and wanted to drop a tidbit for those who never saw it.  I hope someone enjoyed it. 

I like what you do: it's extremely unconventional approaches and schemes that can get all the energy/resources, to the max.
At the moment I am working on filling the site, on different schemes understandable to both advanced users and beginners.
As soon as I run out of topics, I will join your "club"8-)

11 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

Supercoolant is great, of course, but it's a pity to waste it for such purposes.

God create supercoolant to cool different things. I'm not sure about your playstyle, as I understand you are "speedrunner", so, think your first rocket fly to closest planet with supercoolant, and next one straight to temporal tear. But in normal playstyle you have many rocket launches, and you have a lot of space resources.

Archived