New planetoids in old worlds

11 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Everything world related is generated only at the beginning. Nothing will be added later. If you have an old world, you are stuck with it, or you have to start a new one. 

That is the reason I only do experiments at the moment. At least until the WorldGen is is a more final state. 

Or just commit to missing out on the latest and greatest worlds for a bit. Honestly, this isn't a bad time to start up a colony. It'll be a bit until the worlds drastically change (probably what, 5 weeks away at minimum?) and a lot of the new systems are fun to figure out and won't change *that* drastically.

If new planetoids in old worlds would be possible, then it would only make sense for me if we would have a working rocket system in place, which enables me to collect 40 tons of water or ice from a water planet.

Normally you can update older worlds to add geysers, ores, seeds or critters by activating debug. Debug is pretty customizable so I think as long as you make balanced edits that are appropriate to typical worldgen values it's not really cheating. You can't add whole planetoids though, there's no starmap debug features.

I used debug to add the resin tree to the swampy moonlet, add the niobium volcano to the magma planet, etc. There was no water planet to add the graphite to so I just put it on the ice planet. All typical values you would find in a normal world. I didn't mind missing out on the two water geysers from the water planet so I didn't put those in anywhere, and I just dropped the gas grass as a few seeds somewhere because I didn't plan on using it.

Archived