How to change the mode from survival ro endless?

I have a world in DST that is in survival mode. Once i lost a world i liked because i couldn´t ressurect myself and the world reseted, so i don´t want this to happen anymore. I would like to change the server mode from survival to endless, there´s a way?

5 minutes ago, ShakerGER said:

Can't believe they didn't fix that with hr QoL. Really surprised.

I don’t think they SHOULD fix that- people will abuse it by starting survival, going endless then going back to survival, there’s a lot of things we can alter but changing game mode types shouldn’t be one of those things.

I could build to my hearts content in Endless/Wilderness then switch it to survival and well uhh have myself all set for surviving I guess..? Something like that.

I messed around with my saves because I was tired of losing worlds and all my time and effort (and love) poured into them to simple afk accidents (life happens, yo) but editing the cluster.ini files didn't work. What I did was editing both the Master's and Cave's shardindex files (cluster folder -> Master/Cave -> save -> shardindex). There should be a line that says game_mode="survival", all I did was changing it to "endless" in both files.

I've replayed the same map from my fresh day 1 save and everything's seemed fine so far. Always have a backup of your original save though, just in case. The new map generation means that map's seed generates an entirely different world instead so I was desperate lol.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t think they SHOULD fix that- people will abuse it by starting survival, going endless then going back to survival, there’s a lot of things we can alter but changing game mode types shouldn’t be one of those things.

I could build to my hearts content in Endless/Wilderness then switch it to survival and well uhh have myself all set for surviving I guess..? Something like that.

if they want to abuse them, it's their fault for ruining their own experience 

and guess what, you can change the game mode by edit the save file, not add this as an feature to the game is just make life becomes harder for some people

Imo, this isn't something the need to "fix", it is thing they have to add

This game isn't a competitive game, it doesn't even have an achievement, it is sandbox survival, so please give the host the ability to fully control their world/server 

also you can say the same thing to "the existence of the Console Commands", both can only be used by the host themself, both ruin the fun of the host themself IF they choose to abuse it

this and the character swap argument is stupid to me, most of the time, the people who complans about thing being "OP" is the one who gonna use it anyway

I feel like they just feel like to gatekeeping somebody (especially to newplayer) that "this isn't the way to play", "I couldn't do that before, therefore you can do stuff like that now is the wrong way", "this isn't fun for you, even thoguh I know nothing about you and your playstye"

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Like you can abuse turning on and off hounds so it doesnt matter

Maybe someone wants a survival type early game but, when that player has many ways for reviving, wants for farm berry bushes with endless? Server

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Oh no people using the tools they have access to in a cooperative multiplayer game.

The console version actually does have achievements, and being able to swap game modes mid-way through would probably nullify the point in them.

Unlike PC we can’t “Console Command” and spawn in whatever we want whenever we want.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The console version actually does have achievements, and being able to swap game modes mid-way through would probably nullify the point in them.

Unlike PC we can’t “Console Command” and spawn in whatever we want whenever we want.

they give you a trophey and 1M $ if you obtain that achievements? was one killing dragonfly, the other wearing fully snail armor and taming a beelao?

easy, put all resources to max, slurtles to max and diseable all dangers to get this achievements in a non vanilla world

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

There is no point in accomplishments though.

And getting "gamerscore" is not a worthy thing to go about in life.

Archived