does anyone know what part of your computer makes generating more intense worlds possible and being able to go through caves without crashing?

I see many, many servers which have 30+ mods and huge worlds or even super huge worlds and it works fine, but whenever I try to generate a huge world with like 3 big mods like uncompromising mode, cherry forest, and legion the game never generates a world ever even when i let it do it for an entire hour while some of my friends can generate a world with all of tropical experience, legion, cherry forest, and like 30 other mods.

whenever i migrate through shards(going in/out of caves) on a world I'm hosting my game crashes (i also know it's not a mod problem since clients on my server can go through them just fine), disabling all my client mods, and being very very annoying which it doesn't happen to my friends with a very similar PC to mine and im getting sick and tired of wasting 2-3 minutes just to go in a cave then another few to go out as well as losing all the cool randoms who joined my server because of the crashes every time :wilson_cry:.

7 minutes ago, Clifford W. said:

The game is CPU demanding plus as the the game only uses single thread so there is not multi threading.

So you need a modern powerful CPU with alot of Ghz on single core.

Don't the different shards use different threads?

Probably either your CPU or RAM. I don't think it could be GPU, but possibly could be HDD if it's super bunk. MOBO is also really unlikely unless you've really junked up your funk.

It could also be software based. Maybe you've got some naughty programs or need to update something.

21 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

What are your specs?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4
Processor: Intel Core i7 4820k @ 3.7ghz (overclocked to 4ghz)
Memory: 16GB
Video Card: GeForce GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC

20 hours ago, Clifford W. said:

So you need a modern powerful CPU with alot of Ghz on single core.

How much would you recommend?

9 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

How about keeping your game as a dedicated server? As far as I know a core of your cpu will handle the world while another core will handle your game. It’s a good option if you have a decent amount of ram.

This sounds promising maybe it could fix my problems! Do you know a not so complicated up to date tutorial for someone who never did this before :D?

17 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4
Processor: Intel Core i7 4820k @ 3.7ghz (overclocked to 4ghz)
Memory: 16GB
Video Card: GeForce GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC

How much would you recommend?

This sounds promising maybe it could fix my problems! Do you know a not so complicated up to date tutorial for someone who never did this before :D?

Simply look for CPU with highest GHz cause usually when you read "4.20 GHz" from the name of the CPU it means that only ONE core can reach that. So look for highest GHz CPUs

3 hours ago, --- -.- said:

Check the forum section about it. There is many tutorials and topics asking questions. Also jazzygames has few guides about it. Using 2 cores instead of pushing so much 1 cpu core might fix the problem

Also, do you have hdd or sdd? The write speed might be another problem

12 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Also, do you have hdd or sdd? The write speed might be another problem

I have a 2tb hdd, no sdd unfortunately

i'll look into dedicated server then it seems it can maybe help me avoid one or both of my problems :)

An HDD should be able to do what you're trying to do easily. If the HDD was the problem it wouldn't be because it's an HDD, it'd be for some other reason such as it being old and breaking, or it being poor quality and breaking. I'm not an expert so I'm not sure if it being too full or fragmented would cause the issue but they might.

Archived