Genetic Engineering by bombarding a Dupe with Radiation.

4 hours ago, Ranah said:

Would require High Energy Particles.

Allows for gaining Traits like a Neural Vacillator.

Maybe also for critters or even plants?

+1 body part and +1 for dupe modification trickery :adoration:

I like :love-struck:

image.png.00621e55db68799cc2f6b301c71e4ab7.pngimage.png.321e34755ebbafd26203e490e3e51618.png  Genetic Engineering Concept Art Idea @minespatch

Not that I'm against the idea, it's pretty funny) But you do know that radiation destroys DNA, not upgrades it, right? Then I suggest introducing an element of gambling into this system. With some chance you can get negative modifiers too and suffer for screwing up a cool duplicant. Yes, definitely. Introducing Korean game item enchantment systems is always a good idea.  It would finally make sense to print out a large number of duplicants, enchant them, and kill failed experiments in gas chambers. I even have some ideas for automating the process. I'll have to ask the developers to add a couple of automation ports to the printer to run the irradiation protocol. We just need to come to this "Xavier school" every 40-50 cycles and determine who has potential and who will be disposed of.

Please tell me, can I ask to add the ability to return failed genetic material to the printer to reduce recharge time? I've got another radiation mechanic in mind...

1 hour ago, MachineryMan said:

But you do know that radiation destroys DNA, not upgrades it, right?

In reality but not in fiction. so that seems inline with other break from reality in the game.

Mutation breeding, Exposing crops to radiation and then selecting the plants with desirable traits is a thing that happens.

1 hour ago, MachineryMan said:

kill failed experiments in gas chambers

Killing them might not be necessary. there would probably be a limit to how much mutations they could have and if you go over that an older mutation could replace it.

Unlike Neural Vacillator upgrades mutations would probably not be pure upgrades but have a negative quality as a trade off.

Archived