Hot Rock Storage, Pressure Overlay, Proper Airlock

I'd love to see:

Pressure Overlay - I know I'm not the first to suggest this.

Hot Rocks - The ability to set a temperature range for storage units. 2 sliders - upper and lower. I hate going into micromanage mode when my Hatch farm is suddenly blooming orange on the thermal overlay because some dup brought up some 50 C Igneous from the magma biome (and I do have storage down there as well). Or worse, that same hot rock being dumped into my Infinite Storage and heating *everything* up!

Proper Airlock - I *know* I'm not first. An airlock that actually acts like an AIRLOCK without all these crazy hoops people jump through now.

Yup, all those are popular suggestions (i think i even suggested some of them myslef).

The issue with with pressure is that we don`t really have pressure physics in the game. An overlay would look weird with super high and super low pressure tiles next to each other but might be easy to do. Green for 1,8-2kg/tile, blue if below, orange if above, red if above popped eardrums threshold (around 4 kg/tile)

We all wished there was a way to control what gets brought to the base. Temperature is one thing. There are also germed resources (mostly slime) or stuff that can hurt dupes if they try to bring it in (hot metal straight from volcanoes). There are multiple ways to handle that. We just need one of them to be added.

As for airlocks we got a nice thread about those:

20 minutes ago, JRup said:

On a side note, I've resorted to making composts out of insulation.

If we could construct the airlock building and have fluid wood in the game, that`d be great !

image.png.705db08a36dec4e0556ccc5612a0cc08.pngFluid Wood ( Concept ) - Could be trapped in the airlock building

image.thumb.png.0fb2f1c629bb88738ee71cde648c6b80.png Jupiter image.png.cf70f8510696a1d5d703b7b8d74db6c4.pngimage.png.ba723cc9ad4733389514d6c9b704283a.png

On 3/2/2021 at 4:14 PM, SpocksEars said:

Proper Airlock - I *know* I'm not first. An airlock that actually acts like an AIRLOCK without all these crazy hoops people jump through now.

I must admit, this made me chuckle. 

It's like complaining that a car door doesn't function as a whole car. 

1 minute ago, babba said:

Genetic Ooze could be a good reactor coolant :confused:

The properties are quite good for a material! The melting point is a bit high, but not out of reach of proper gama or xray radiation heating implementation.

A bit excessive, still though. 

On 3/4/2021 at 9:40 AM, Yunru said:

Well if you expose it to enough radiation it should self-replicate? 

I like this concept dear Yunru :cheerful: It could work like with the good Gremlin:

Genetic Ooze + Radiation = Radiated Genetic Ooze + Pwater + Naphtha = Fresh dupe ( has malfunctions )

image.png.561b8ecf4f4b11a62171d581a08443ce.png

I'm having issues managing so much mineral mass. Even when only having dug out 20% of the starting asteroid.

There really should be an option for larger storage compactor, this would solve the visual clutter and reduce pathing calculations for storing and retrieving items.

On 3/4/2021 at 12:21 AM, Yunru said:

I must admit, this made me chuckle. 

It's like complaining that a car door doesn't function as a whole car. 

How do you figure? 

To continue with your questionable analogy, no, I am not expecting the Airlock to function as a whole base. I am expecting the airlock to act as an airlock - dupes can pass through without either side exchanging gas or heat. You know, like every airlock ever in both fiction and reality. If it doesn't do that, stop calling it an airlock - call that part a Powered Door.

Create a new part called an "Airlock Room". It's a mini room, 3 wide (entrance > transition > exit) and 2 tall minimum(dupe size), needs power, has one automation port for disabling or monitoring, and maybe requires a gas input for O2.

But stop calling the Powered Door an Airlock. You insult actual airlocks that way. And you don't want to insult your airlock, do you?

1 hour ago, SpocksEars said:

How do you figure? 

[...] I am expecting the airlock to act as an airlock

And there in lies the problem. You are expecting the door to act as the whole.

It is NOT an Airlock, it is an Airlock Door

Although it *could* be more clearly named, if you like taking up more space in game to state the obvious. 

Archived