we will get QoL updates.. But why they never find solution for ??? ping

so Ive been wondering when I watch Dev stream Yesterday . the biggest issue to play DST is not world gen and everything but when u hosting your server is not listed on top cus your ping showed as "???" but they never really do anything about that and only tell us to port forward . and for me it didnt works . 

to find server with low ping i need to go to 3rd party web that CAN easily show you server that hosted in same country 

Don't Starve Together Server List (dstserverlist.appspot.com) 

why cant Klei add this feature when searching in server list ? just search for your country name and bam! u found whole lot of low ping server 
also dont want rando with red ping come randomly to my ??? ping server 

to player who dont even know this web exist 
you are welcome.

I've inquired about the same issue here: The "???" Ping Issue (personal and dedicated servers).

Apparently is quite a problem, as a lot of past ok-ping servers began to experience this "???" lack of connectivity estimation - both personal and dedicated. I believe it stemmed from an update around last summer, when people began noticing it. Perhaps KLei will address it in one form or another. Or perhaps not..

yeah i think about a small change that u can state your country or whatever so when u find list u wont see high ping server listed on top but ??? server from your and neighbour country that might have lower ping than those 200-300 ping server u dont ever want to join 

13 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

its probably something to do with yall yank ass internet, otherwise you would have thought they would have addressed it by now

lol even i and some other people on this forum rented from Game server hosting still got that ??? ping . and many have occurred the same problem .

I probably have Better internet than yours . who knows .

there alot of solution . not just to change/ show for the ping of ??? ping server

14 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

...otherwise you would have thought they would have addressed it by now

Yeah, you would think... right?!

Let's check a bit how many reported bugs in Klei Bug Tracker are on "Pending" (for years by now). Oh... Hmmm!

I get it, might very well be a problem 2 people face. Or 33. Or something. But still: perhaps at least a small 1-post from KLei addressing of it might give a rest to underlined issue? Like "Yep, we inquired it a little and... nope, is not us, not at all. It's you. Our updates are A-OK, 0 problems have popped up." Who knows, magic happens from time to time. Just saying (well, writing).

1 minute ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Yeah, you would think... right?!

Let's check a bit how many reported bugs in Klei Bug Tracker are on "Pending" (for years by now). Oh... Hmmm!

I get it, might very well be a problem 2 people face. Or 33. Or something. But still: perhaps at least a small 1-post from KLei addressing of it might give a rest to underlined issue? Like "Yep, we inquired it a little and... nope, is not us, not at all. It's you. Our updates are A-OK, 0 problems have popped up." Who knows, magic happens from time to time. Just saying (well, writing).

so is the "spiders dont spawn on boats" "bug"

1 minute ago, JustCrimson said:

You inquired about it, and quickly got the answer. If someone reported it as a bug, am sure ticket was hastily solved with a clarification link. And of course is bound for "false positives" to happen. If implying Bug Tracker is actually full of them, they should be marked as "closed" for that very reason. If further more wanna write KLei doesn't have the time to look into all of them, maybe a disclaimer should be posted there so that people won't expect much in future for their problems to be solved and perhaps just move on.

2 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

You inquired about it, and quickly got the answer. If someone reported it as a bug, am sure ticket was hastily solved with a clarification link. And of course is bound for "false positives" to happen. If implying Bug Tracker is actually full of them, they should be marked as "closed" for that very reason. If further more wanna write KLei doesn't have the time to look into all of them, maybe a disclaimer should be posted there so that people won't expect much in future for their problems to be solved and perhaps just move on.

i know, someone made a bug report on it lmao and its pending

1 hour ago, JustCrimson said:

its already resolved if u see the update . 

I hope people not being so far of the topic . 

we just need an update so the "???" server can be listed or at least discoverable to same region player 

8 hours ago, gaymime said:

nah, it was easily and readily abusable and made meat farming overly simplistic. i think it was an ok removal

Jinkies! Now there isn't any way to easily and abusable farm meat on a small boat without any effort.

Whatever shall we do now for low effort food??

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4821a489004c91702c0c93dd68030621.png

59 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

"Just find the issue and fix it!"

Because its always just as simple as that.

I'm sure they are aware of the issue, but there is a lot more involved in solving these problems than "just do it".

Yes, "Just find the issue and fix it!". No one said anything about the expected time for a theoretical fix. Can be whatever they reasonably want/need, and would be understandable. What I for one asked was at least an official acknowledgment of the issue. Or denial and "well is not DST, is you; your problem, you find your solution" placed on players and their connectivity. At least something, yes?

And if we're talking time, this "???" aspect was raised for quite a while. Months-a-while - this is not the first post and I reckon not even the 4th. I personally noticed it on servers I usually frequented since last summer's end - and pointed it, again, in this topic (that has a link to a previous one). If it reached forums I suspect is a pretty prevalent problem with server population.

Plus, if we're at the "just wait a bit.. some years bit", the "when you set Trees (All) for example to <none>, you get them growing in no-time everywhere, including places where they shouldn't grow like Savanna, Inner Ruins Military, Wilds, Stalagmite Terrain, both deserts etc" problem I pointed at time-and-again, dates back years now. I first noticed it in July 22, 2017. Once more: years! By now I sincerely ask myself why am even bothering really...

11 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Yes, "Just find the issue and fix it!". No one said anything about the expected time for a theoretical fix. Can be whatever they reasonably want/need, and would be understandable. What I for one asked was at least an official acknowledgment of the issue. Or denial and "well is not DST, is you; your problem, you find your solution" placed on players and their connectivity. At least something, yes?

And if we're talking time, this "???" aspect was raised for quite a while. Months-a-while - this is not the first post and I reckon not even the 4th. I personally noticed it on servers I usually frequented since last summer's end - and pointed it, again, in this topic (that has a link to a previous one). If it reached forums I suspect is a pretty prevalent problem with server population.

Plus, if we're at the "just wait a bit.. some years bit", the "when you set Trees (All) for example to <none>, you get them growing in no-time everywhere, including places where they shouldn't grow like Savanna, Inner Ruins Military, Wilds, Stalagmite Terrain, both deserts etc" problem I pointed at time-and-again, dates back years now. I first noticed it in July 22, 2017. Once more: years! By now I sincerely ask myself why am even bothering really...

You have to factor in working hours with team wide priority with specific code and networking knowledge and many other factors.

"Tutte le strade portano a Roma"
there is many way to reach same goal . in this content how people can join ??? server that might have low ping to other player.

??? ping is inconvenience that player facing from very beginning . 

there no need even to breakdown those little things when a simple web can list every little detail of server and list it based on country  and other setting . why can they imitate that or maybe tweaked it a bit so its categorized by same time zone or not 3-4 hours difference  ?
because I believe that can be a simpler solution,  than this factor u use as a reason to avoid finding way to remove the inconvenience people facing. 

55 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

You have to factor in working hours with team wide priority with specific code and networking knowledge and many other factors.

its all about observe, imitate and modify.

4 hours ago, Scrimbles said:

Yes, on one hand I understand that.

On the other hand I look at the months and/or years passing by after a problem is underlined.. multiple times. Even, again, in threads made by developer, so I can't imagine KLei not noticing it after quotation and when comments up-and-down from it are reacted at by devs plus dev replies. I reckon would warrant at least a meager reply of problem acknowledgment too.

Not to mention when people point even at the faulty code and the numbers that need changing, simple solutions like in comment above via punctual example and so on. Is quite ridiculous by this point.

Months and/or years!

• Developer
7 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Even, again, in threads made by developer

I actually looked at that problem when you posted it, and while I can't explain what happened in your world, since that was over 3 years ago codewise, and so I have no clue what bugs existed regarding that, that regrowth bug, never existed, the regrowth time multiplier is used in an update loop(and has been since at least 2016, that was as far back as I looked at changes)

dt * TUNING.REGROWTH_TIME_MULTIPLIER * prefabtimemult

dt or delta is the update loop time, generally the value is approximately 1/30, since our game updates 30 times a second.
in that update, 0.033 multiplied by the regrowth multiplier, if the number is say, 7 for the Very Fast setting, you get 0.033 * 7 which is 0.23 and therefore accurately speeds up regrowth times.

22 hours ago, Scrimbles said:

"Just find the issue and fix it!"

Because its always just as simple as that.

I'm sure they are aware of the issue, but there is a lot more involved in solving these problems than "just do it".

then you would think it would be set as "confirmed" or whatever instead of just pending 

Archived