HELP Ping shows as ???

Hello everyone!

Hoping that someone can help me figure out what is preventing my server from getting pinged in the server list.

So, I have rented a server from nitrado (2 actually, so I can get caves) and I have struggled a bit to make it work. Since there is not much information online on this and Nitrado's wiki is broken / outdated, I have tried contacting Nitrado's support. After a neverending week of tries and waiting for their replies, they decided to try migrating my servers to another machine and make them on same IP to help connectivity. I had to reconfigure everything but now it's done and I still can't get my server's ping in the server list. 

There is no performance issue, but the fact that it shows ??? makes it appear at the bottom of the list and players don't see it so I always play alone on a 20 players server. Yes, I can get my ping in game with backspace and it's normal. I have tried several possible fixes, but everything I saw online refers to home / locally hosted servers. Nitrado said that they verified that there is no firewall conflicts etc. I am starting to think of giving up so before I abbandon this, I am asking the community in case someone knows a fix or has same problem and see if we can figure it out together.

Thanks in advance!

Note: 

cluster.ini  and server.ini = Master

cluster (1).ini and server (1).ini = Shard(caves)

cluster.ini server.ini server (1).ini cluster (1).ini

That's a known and recurring issue which has been asked and answered many times.

It occasionally happens on both officially hosted servers (Including the ones hosted by Klei themselves, for example during the Forge event) as well as both correctly and incorrectly configured private hosted servers. The incorrectly configured servers can, as you've mentioned, sometimes be fixed by portforwarding, fiewall, etc, whereas the rest sometimes fixes themselves or stay that way.

I've had the same happening at some point, but since it doesn't affect gameplay I didn't bother trying to fix it, and it eventually fixed itself.

Archived